Chapter Nine *3rd POV*

"I wish that I could have this moment for life. For life. And in this moment I just feel so alive. Alive."
- Moment 4 Life by Nicki Minaj feat. Drake
********************

      Jax walked back into his apartment after his shower, his hair still dripping on his bare chest. He threw his dirty clothes in a hamper next to his bathroom door, before looking up at his bed and seeing Lakota. He smiled slightly when he seen that she had actually fallen asleep. So, instead of trying to wake her up, he went over to his dresser and opened the drawer that held his shirts. As he was slipping the shirt over his head, he heard Lakota make noise. He turned around quickly, not worrying about pulling his shirt all the way on, as he looked over and see that Lakota had woken up.

"Nice nap, darlin'?" He asked, as she pursed her lips.

"I told you I'd fall asleep if you took forever in the shower." She replied, causing him to chuckle.

"I was in there for ten minutes." Jax retorted, making Lakota roll her eyes.

"Still a long time." She mumbled, as she sat up and stretched.

     Lakota slowly stood to her feet, before walking over to Jax's mirror and looking at herself. She smirked in satisfaction when she seen that her makeup didn't smear or mess up. Jax walked over to her, standing beside her and looking in the mirror as well.

"You ready to go?" Jax asked, as he stared at her in the mirror.

       Jax couldn't deny that Lakota was beautiful. He thought her tan skin looked so soft and smooth. Her eyes, to him, were the most beautiful eyes he had seen, besides his son's of course. Her hair, so curly, dark and long, just called for him to run his fingers through it. He admittedly, to himself, wanted to kiss her plump, pink lips.

"Yeah, let's go." Lakota answered, pulling Jax out of his thoughts.

      He smiled, before grabbing her hand and leading her out of his apartment. She grabbed her medical bag too, so she could throw it in her car on the way out. As they passed by the bar, Juice and Chibs watched them pass. They were a bit unsure of the duo's intentions but they didn't call attention to them. Though, when Jax and Lakota passed by the office, Gemma spotted them straight away and ran over.

"Where are you two going?" She asked, as she stood with her arms crossed in front of them.

"I'm taking her to see Abel." Jax replied, as Gemma pursed her lips.

"Why?" Gemma asked, as Lakota bit her lip. 

"I'm going to go sit my bag in my car." She announced, causing Jax to nod.

     He let go of her hand, though he surprised all three of them when he kissed her cheek. She walked to her car and placed her bag inside, trying not to act too shocked that Jax kissed her cheek. Jax didn't expect himself to kiss her cheek, but it was like kissing her cheek was so normal and felt right. Gemma, well, she was shocked because she didn't think Jax was over Tara whatsoever.

"What are your intentions with this girl?" Gemma asked sternly, as she glared at her son.

"Nothing Ma." Jax replied, causing Gemma to raise her eyebrows sarcastically.

"Do you have feelings for her? If you do, you better not screw up. If you make her leave, you all will be losing one hell of a nurse. Not including the fact, that if she leaves she can go straight back to her Daddy and get every one of you locked up." Gemma spat, as Lakota started walking back towards them.

"Look Ma, nothing is going on right now. Yes, I do have an attraction to her but I'm not going to act on it, at least until I see how she is with Abel today. If it feels right, maybe it'll all piece together by itself." Jax replied, as Gemma smiled.

"Well, I like her more than I ever liked Tara. If something happens, I'd be okay with it." Gemma said, causing Jax to smile as well.

     Jax nodded once more at his mother, before grabbing Lakota's hand and leading her to his bike. He handed her his helmet, as he got on the bike. She clasped the helmet on, then climbed on the bike behind Jax and wrapped her arms around his middle. Jax and Lakota, both, couldn't deny that their current position felt right. Not one awkward feeling passed through either of them, as Jax drove them down to the hospital. Once they arrived, Jax helped Lakota off his bike, before she handed him the helmet and he threw it on to the seat of his bike.

"Let's get inside." Jax stated, as he grabbed her hand and walked her inside.

     He brought them to the NICU where Abel was stationed, before walking inside of the small room.

"He's so cute, Jax." Lakota said, as she stared down at the small boy.

"Would you like to hold him?" Jax asked, surprising Lakota.

"Are you sure?" She asked, causing him to nod.

"I wouldn't have asked otherwise. Besides, he'll be getting out soon, I'd like him to be comfortable with more than just me and Gemma." Jax said, as she grinned.

"I'd love to hold him." She replied, as a smile graced Jax's face.

      Jax had her sit down on the rocking chair, before he picked up his son and lightly laid him in her arms. She smiled down at the young boy, her heart melting when he was laid in her arms. At that moment, Jax realized that he really did have some type of feelings for the girl. He had never really thought he could catch feelings for someone so quickly, but seeing his son practically latch on to the girl and fit into her arms so perfectly, he knew she was going to be someone to him...

×××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, like, I'm going to try and make their relationship kind of progress like Jax and Tara's had, though it won't be perfect since we all know who Lakota's family is.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx