Chapter Four

"If y'all don't like me, blow me."
- Forgot About Dre by Dr Dre Feat. Eminem
*********************

      After settling into the new house, I decided to finally look for a job in Charming. I wasn't sure where I wanted to work but I knew it had to be off the grid. I didn't want anyone from my family being able to track me down in anyway, especially not right after leaving them. I still hadn't changed my phone number but I had turned it off for the most part. I didn't plan on turning it back on for at least a month. That's if it doesn't end up ruined after staying in the drawer of my night stand for weeks without being turned on or charged.

     Anyhow, after getting a quick shower, I threw on a pair of black skinny jeans, a black under armour t shirt and a pair of black Doc Martins. After getting dressed, I grabbed the keys to my car and drove off to the grocery store. I had decided that I would grocery shop today whilst looking for a job around town. Driving towards the grocery store, I knew I'd find at least one hiring sign at some place for my RN abilities to be put to work.

       I drove past a small doctor's office, seeing the hiring sign in the window. I decided to write down their number and call them, hoping to do most of my interview over the phone today. People always said the world needed more nurses, so if they're always in such dire need for nurses, I'd think they'd practically hire me on the spot.

       Anyhow, I drove to the grocery store and then walked inside, grabbing a grocery basket for my walk. As I looked around at all the deals, I realized just how much cheaper it was to live in Charming than it was to live in Hawai'i or Alabama. Both places seemed to have way more expensive foods than they do here. Honestly, I could feel my money take a sigh of relief. After picking up a couple things, I decided to call the doctor's office about the job.

D - Hello?

L - Yes, I'm calling about the job for RN.

D - Oh good, can I get your name?

L - Yeah, I'm Lakota Chapman.

D - Alright Ms Chapman, how many certifications do you have?

L - Besides my RN? Uh, CPR and a bit of EMS. I can do stitches, start IVs. I also have experience with medical emergencies, such as minor surgeries and I have been certified to prescribe medicines, since I took an extra year coming close to becoming a nurse practitioner.

D - Wow, Well, Ms Chapman you are more than certified for this position. Any questions or concerns you have?

L - Yes, actually, I was wondering if you could put me under a different name.

D - Excuse me?

L - I'm currently living under a different name and I do not want to use Lakota Chapman.

D - Sorry Ms Chapman but we are not able to do so because all of your certifications are under Lakota Chapman. It would be federal charges if we did.

L - Damn, okay. Guess I may have better luck next time.

D - Ms Chapman, we want to hire you, we just can't-

L - No, I can't do it any other way. I can't take the job.

D - Ms Chapman-

     Instead of hearing anymore fake ass excuses or anything of that nature, I hung up the phone in the middle of her sentence. I didn't have time for some mush mouth trying to think of a way to get me to take the job. There was no way I'd be able to take the job, I couldn't blow my cover after coming this far. As I threw more things into my basket, I heard someone walking up behind me.

"Hello sweetheart. I couldn't help but overhear your phone conversation. I'm sorry you couldn't take the job." A lady said, as she walked beside me in the isle.

"Yeah but I've got to look at the bright side, the job probably sucked anyway." I replied, causing the lady to smirk.

"I'm Gemma Teller Morrow, nice to meet you." She said, as she held out her hand.

"Lakota Chapman, likewise." I replied, before I lightly shook her hand.

"Ya know, I may have a job for you, if you're interested." She commented, as we stopped in an isle.

"Seriously?" I asked, as I stared at her warily.

"Yeah, I'm serious. I have garage, Teller-Morrow Automotive, and sometimes the guys get hurt. It would be a lot easier if we had a medical professional working with us." She stated, causing me to bite my lip.

"I'd have to think about it but it sounds like a deal. Uh, the thing is, I really need to fly under the radar and-" I began, before she cut me off.

"Why? Are you a fugitive?" She asked, causing me to quickly shake my head.

"No, I'm just trying to live my own life. My father and the rest of my family tried to dictate my every move. They wanted me to be just like the rest of them. They didn't know that I use to skip school, do things that could get me in trouble a lot, though I never got caught. I'm quite sneaky if you haven't figured that out by now. I've managed to go under the radar for at least a couple weeks now and I'd like to keep it that way." I stated, causing her to purse her lips.

"What name do you use?" She asked, as I sighed shakily.

"I use my middle name and my Dad's wife's maiden name, Ryan Pilar. They'd never trace it, so everything I have or do is under that name, though nobody calls me by it, I'm still known as Lakota Chapman when someone talks to me or anything like that." I replied, causing her to nod.

"Well, give me a call or swing by and let me know if you'll take the offer, Ms Pilar." She said, before walking away from me.

    If I hadn't known my grandmother Beth, I would've sworn that Gemma was a rude bitch...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, she'll be meeting the guys soon. I'm just not sure how fast a relationship or anything will progress.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx

Make It Rain (Sons of Anarchy) *discontinued*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें