Chapter One

"I walk a lonely road, the only road that I have ever known. Don't know where it goes but it's only me and I walk alone."
-Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day
****************************

       I stayed in my room for hours, downloading apps on my phone and other electronics to hide the IP addresses and other ways people could track my things. I then stacked all my money into my favorite black pocket book. Luckily all the money fit, so I didn't have to carry none on my person. Anyhow, I then stuffed it under my shoes in my closet, deciding to hide it from anyone searching through my room at any time.

"Lakota, it's time to eat." Jamie said, as she peeked her head into my room.

"Alright, I'll come down in a minute." I replied, before placing my phone on the charger and locking it.

     I walked down to the kitchen and sat down next to Dakota. Dakota was the only one on my side when it came to leaving. Though he had done the same thing so he really couldn't tell me otherwise anyhow. Dad came down and sat across from us but kept avoiding eye contact. I was a bit shocked but my anger over played on that more than anything.

      Jamie brought over the casserole dish full of ravioli casserole, sitting it down in the middle of the table. We all fixed ourselves a portion of the food, before slowly beginning to eat. Anyone could tell there was a lot of tension at the table. Leiah was the only one who seemed to be even a bit oblivious. Cobie and Jamie were very aware, which was why they didn't seem to try and talk to us much either.

"Leland, Lakota, you're being ridiculous. Please just apologize to each other." Jamie pleaded, causing everyone to look over at her.

"I did nothing wrong." I retorted, as she bit her lip.

"I'm not apologizing. You're fresh out of college Lakota. You don't know nothing about the real world. You don't know what you want. You've already chose to not work with us. I don't see how you could think I'd be okay with you leaving us as well. You're being very irresponsible." Dad stated, as I ran my tongue over my teeth and kept my mouth shut.

"Dad, she went to college like you asked. I don't understand why she's still being critiqued." Dakota said, making Dad shift his glare towards Dakota.

"You don't get an opinion. You literally disobeyed me right away. She's throwing away her education and training to travel and explore." Dad spat, making me angry.

    I slammed my hands down on the table, throwing my seat back and standing to my feet. Dad glared at me, as everyone else seemed to stare at me in shock.

"That's it. I'm going to my room. I'm done. The food was great Jamie, thank you." I said, before shoving my seat back into place and then stomping off to my room.

      I slammed and locked the door, before grabbing as many suitcases and bags that I had, before beginning to pack them with my stuff. I packed one suitcase full of shoes, and one full of pants, shorts, skirts, leggings, etc. I packed another suitcase full of my tops, which almost didn't shut. I packed a duffle bag full of my pajamas, one full of my bras, panties, socks and stockings. I packed a suitcase full of my hoodies, jackets and vests. I packed a duffle bag full of my hair products, makeup, feminine hygiene products, and everything else I needed out of my bathroom. I packed a small bag with all my pictures, notes, and other personal belongings. I then packed a suitcase with all my bedding, my chargers and my electronics.

      By the time I was done, I checked my phone and it was nine at night. Nobody had come and checked on me, which surprised me a small bit. I sighed, deciding that I was really doing this. I flipped on my tv, turning on a cable channel that happened to be playing Dog the Bounty Hunter. I glared at the screen, before looking away and having a look around my room.

      As I looked around, my eyes almost bulged out of my head. I had almost forgot what little bit of CDs and books I had. I pulled out a small bookbag before placing my three books in the bottom, my few CDs and the few DVDs and flash drives I had. Once I was all packed, I ealked into my bathroom and took a quick shower, using the rest of my bathroom products, since I had packed my new ones.

      I knew it'd be a bit before I'd have my own place, so I wanted a shower before I left. I then changed into my new outfit and then looked at myself in the mirror.

"You can do this. You know you have to do this. This is the only way you can get away and finally be free." I told myself, before sighing and walking back into my room.

     I grabbed my bag of money and stuck it into my purse, before putting all my things on top of my bed. I counted down the minutes, waiting for everyone to be asleep. Once it was around eleven at night, I snuck down and seen everyone was in bed. I quietly opened the front door and left it open, as I carried all my bags out to my truck. I placed all my bags and stuff into the truck, before going back up to my room one final time. Sighing, I pulled out a piece of paper and a pen, signing a note quickly before leaving it on the bed. The note read,

'I'm sorry I disappointed everyone but it's time for me to live my own life. I'm no longer living a lie. I'm being myself and that's all I'll ever be.'

    I walked out of the house, locked the door and then walked over to my truck. I quietly slipped into the front seat, shut the door and started the truck. Moments later, I was pulling out of the driveway and watching my old home disappear in the rearview...

×××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I wasn't exactly happy with this one completely but this was as best as I could do. Oh, there will be a few chapters that are third person, just to let you know before I publish them.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx