Chapter Seven

"She's got her own thing, that's why I love her. Miss Independent."
-Miss Independent by Ne-Yo
*******************************

     The next day, I woke up extra early to try and ready myself for my first day of work. I wasn't even sure about everything I'd be doing on a daily basis but it was better to work once a week than not work at all. In reality, there was a good chance I'd only have to do real work once a week but I wouldn't have to work on someone every day, though I was pretty sure I'd be up at the garage every day with Gemma.

     Anyhow, I grabbed an outfit, before going straight to the bathroom for a shower. After my shower, I slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans, a black vest top and a pair of black high heeled boots. I brushed out my curly, dark hair, before putting on a bit of makeup.

     Once I was ready, I grabbed my keys and phone to leave the house. As soon as I was ready, I went out to my car and drove straight to TM. After I had arrived, I seen some of the guys and Gemma were already at TM. It made me wonder if some of the guys actually lived at the clubhouse connected to TM.

"Hey Lakota, how's your morning been so far?" Gemma asked, causing me to shrug.

"Pretty normal, besides coming to work. I'm not use to coming to work just yet, since it is my first day." I replied, as she smirked.

"You'll get use to it. Besides, you'll have to get use to it. You never know how long you'll be here before you become part of the family." She said, making me nod slowly.

      Gemma gave me some papers to fill out  before I actually started, which was mostly information about me. It wasn't much more than what she and I had discussed the day before. Though, one page was mostly about my qualifications and such. The page was practically full, which was probably exactly what Gemma would want.

"Gem, Sac has a busted lip. You think Lakota can take a look at it?" One of the guys, I believe was Juice, asked, as he stuck his head through the door.

"Sure, let's see what she's got." Gemma replied, before she and I stood up and walked out of her office.

      Juice brought us into the clubhouse, leading us to the bar, where HalfSac sat, holding a napkin to his lip. I made my way over to him with Juice, noticing the beer sitting next to HalfSac on the bar.

"Sac, this is Lakota. I know Gem introduced everyone yesterday but I did it again-yeah. Okay, so she's going to check out your lip." Juice said, before walking to the other end of the bar to sit down.

"Okay, I'll just have a look real quick." I commented, as I removed the napkin from his lip.

     I looked it over, seeing quite a bit of blood leaking from it.

"Let me go get my supplies. I'll be right back." I said, before I quickly walked out to my car and popping the trunk.

      I pulled out my bag, before carrying it back with me into the clubhouse. I sat it down on the bar, before opening it up and pulling out what supplies I needed.

"Alright, so, from what I've seen, I think you'll need stitches. Let me clean it up first and I'll be sure if you do or not." I stated, as I made sure I had everything I needed.

    I grabbed a few cotton balls and covered them in peroxide and iodine, before running it lightly over his lip. As it kept bleeding, I realized he was going to need stitches. So, I set up my needle and thread, before taking a lighter and burning the needle a bit to sterilize it.

"I don't carry around any numbing agents, but I can make a small amount with some supplies if you'd like." I said, though he shook his head.

"I should be fine." He replied, as I cleaned off more blood.

"Are you sure? I can numb it with a bit of ice dipped in vodka right now." I commented, causing him to chuckle nervously.

"No, it's fine. I'll just deal with the little bit of pain." He answered, making me nod with a light smile.

      I slipped on a pair of gloves, before grabbing his lip lightly and beginning to start the stitches. Every time he winced, I'd quietly apologize to him. Once I was finished with the stitches, I cleaned up the area again and made sure it would stay sterile for a while. As I was cleaning up my things, Jax walked into the clubhouse with blood on his leg.

"Whoa, is that your blood?" I asked, as he limped towards the bar.

"Yeah but it's fine." He replied, though Gemma frowned.

"It's not fine. You're limping and bleeding. What the hell happened?" She asked, causing him to look over at her.

"Nothing Ma, it's nothing." He replied, though she just glared at him harder.

"No, it's not nothing. What the hell happened?" She asked, as he sighed.

"I was stabbed, alright?! Agent Kohn attacked me with a pair of scissors!" Jax spat, as Gemma's glare grew sharper.

"Because of that bitch Tara, right? I told you to stay the hell away from her. She broke your heart before and she'll do it again." Gemma sneered, though all Jax did was sigh.

"Look Ma, as soon as Kohn's gone, Tara will be leaving. At least, that's what I think. I'm done with her Ma, I'm just helping her out and that's it." Jax said, as Gemma nodded with pursed lips.

"Sure, I'll believe it when I see it. She came back because she knows you'd do something to him." Gemma spat, as Jax groaned.

"Whatever Ma, believe what you want. Lakota, you want to help me with this?" He asked, as he gestured towards his leg.

"Sure, you want to sit somewhere more comfortable or-" I began, before he cut me off.

"Let's just go to my apartment." He replied, as he grabbed my hand and began to walk away from the bar.

     I snatched my bag and followed him, as he held my hand the whole way to a room in the back of the clubhouse. If only I knew what I was getting into after walking into Jax's room...

××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I promise this book will be quite suspenseful and entertaining.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx