Chapter Two

"And maybe one day I'll be wiser, cause maybe one day I'll be farther from here. Put all of my faith in tomorrow. Dark days kept me up all night, only thing I know, it's going to be alright."
- One Day by Logic ft Ryan Tedder
**********************************

      I drove to Nashville, Tennessee before I finally stopped at a hotel for the night. I researched places in California, Nevada, Washington and Montana. I had finally decided on California though, since I knew it was well populated and I could easily hide from my family there. So, while in Nashville, I went and had the tags on my truck changed. I made sure to pay in cash though and had them do the work only on paper so nobody could trace it unless they came to Tennessee. In which case, I'd probably already have them changed again and finally be where I was going to live.

     Anyhow, after getting my tags and stuff changed, I went back to the hotel and searched for homes in California. I had found a small town named Charming, which seemed to stand out the most to me. I had decided to live there, since it seemed small enough and didn't seem to call much attention to itself with population or attractions.

       Once I chose Charming, I looked through home listings and found a very nice small house that was up for sale. I decided that I could rent to own the house for a while, just in case the area didn't work out for me. I contacted the owner and talked to her about the prices, before letting her know I'd be there later in the week to put down my first payment. Luckily for me, the house was fully furnished, so I didn't have to worry to much about furniture or anything.

       Once I had my living arrangements figured out, I decided to sleep for a few more hours and then head out on the road. Of course, after waking up from the few hours of sleep, I took a shower to wake myself up. I couldn't let myself fall asleep behind the wheel. After my shower, I packed up what little things I brought into the room with me, before going down to the lobby and signing out. I had put myself in as Ryan Pilar, using my middle name and Jamie's maiden name. I also happened to change the name on my car to that as well, so now they couldn't track me at all.

     Anyhow, I drove for a a while, only making stops for food, bathroom breaks and to sleep. I had to stop many times for gas as well, which seemed to fluctuate in price each state I went through. Some were cheaper than others, while some were way more expensive than others. I honestly spent at least 300 dollars in my travels. I was glad I had close to six grand, so I didn't have to worry much about the price of gas or anything else.

      The further away I got, the more I missed Dakota and my family. I hated leaving them behind but I couldn't live my life there with the way they were treating me and the way they were acting. Don't get me wrong, I love my family but a girl can only take so much before she just can't handle it anymore. I know not everyone would see it my way but I really didn't care what anyone else thought anymore. Even before all of this, I hadn't really cared about anyone else's opinions on myself or my life. My life choices were mine and nobody else's to make, that's why it's called MY life choice and not OURS.

      The closer I got to California, more specifically Charming, I felt as if I should get a new phone and start my life all over again. I didn't know if I wanted to start over from scratch but I felt like it could make my life easier. I knew I needed to get a job but to do that, I had to figure out a way to keep everyone from finding my name on databases. So, I was going to figure out a way where I could have my name changed on documents but still go by my original name.

    Honestly, I loved my name. Lakota Ryan Chapman. Dakota and I shared a lot of similarities in our names. Our mother actually was the one who had decided we'd be named so close to the same. Dakota is actually older than me, only by ten minutes. He still holds it over my head, though both our parents just called us The Twins or The Kotas.

      Thinking about everyone back home made me feel a bit sad but I knew this was right. I knew I was making all the right choices. No matter how hard it seemed, I was doing what was right for me. I was living my life and I was doing everything by my own rules. I hadn't been able to do that except when I was in college, even then Dad had a lot of say in what I did.

         By night, I was close to the new home, which meant I only had a few more hours of driving. Instead of going straight to the new house though, I went and stopped at a hotel. The hotel was in Charming but I knew the owner wouldn't want me to meet up with her until morning. So, I paid for a room for the night, again under the name Ryan Pilar, before going inside and going straight to bed.

      I hadn't slept for sixteen hours and I knew I didn't look very appealing right now. I also knew if I didn't get enough sleep, I wouldn't looking very appealing tomorrow either, which made me worry if the lady would let me rent the house or not. Instead of contemplating on it too long, I decided to sleep it off. I would just leave all my worries for the morning...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, what do you guys think so far? I'm trying to figure out a way to establish her character through descriptions and inner monologue but it's not working in my favor. I know soon you guys will get her character better, if you don't already that is.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx