Episode 18

Cloud Fortress – 4:00am
The Silent Student

Before anyone could even sleep 'till sunrise, all the students were suddenly called in to the Cloud Fortress, the Northern Realm of Chaedu-ri.

It was currently four in the morning, and even though they were still groggy from getting disturbed from their slumber, the students wanted to know nothing but one thing; what is going on this time?

As soon as they reached Baekhyun's hospital room, they were shocked to see the bed empty and all bloodied.

Jisoo attempted to swallow and talk at the same time, but ended up choking on her surprise. "W-Where's Baekhyun?"

In the room stood no one but Tyrian, Eilonwy, Martis and Ruatha, who were looking at them like they were criminals on death row.

"It is confirmed. There is a wakabaganda disguised among you humans," Eilonwy held out the torn blanket stained with huge clumps of blood, "Because one of you tried to kill Baekhyun last night."

Jennie could feel the pulse beating in her ears, blocking out all the sound and gasps from the other students. She took a few steps back, until she accidentally bumped on Taehyung, "You okay, Jennie?"

The girl ignored Taehyung and spoke, "But how is that possible? We were just here yesterday.."

"I believe that this incident had occured at the time when you humans were asleep in Aquarious Pier," Tyrian said. "The wakabaganda must've waited for everyone to fall sleep before getting out from bed, then heading towards Cloud Fortress in attempt to finish off Baekhyun."

Yoongi crossed his arms, huffing. "Well, I'm surprised how none of you hybrids could capture it when it tried to murder Baekhyun, considering the fact that you all are like.. godly species with superpowers."

"I hate to say this but I agree with the green-haired human," Ruatha slowly eyed at Eilonwy. "How didn't any of the pegasi noticed the monster in the room?"

Eilonwy sighed, "This was my mistake. Since the boy had woke up from his coma, I ordered the pegasi that they need not to transfer any mana to his body anymore. Therefore, last night, there wasn't anyone in the room other than the patient himself,"

"The wakabaganda must've took advantage of the situation and entered Baekhyun's room. Unfortunately, before we could capture the monster, it had retreated back to your chambers in Aquarious Pier," Eilonwy scanned the students in a deliberate way. "And continued to hide as a human among the lot of you."

"So Jungkook was right.." Rose mumbled to herself, unconsciously touching her chin in the process. She suddenly perked up, "But is Baekhyun alright?"

Tyrian answered: "Baekhyun is now transported into another hospital room with a higher security to keep him alive and away from that monster. From now on, all of you will be quarantined in Aquarious Pier and forbitted to visit the other Realms as we will try our utmost bests to find that monster."

Ruatha added: "It is a hundred-percent no doubt that the wakabaganda is one of you, as you humans are the only outsiders who entered the portal to Chaedu-ri. Besides, the wakabagandas can never disguise itself as a hybrid, but only as a human."

Jin: "Is there any way we can distinguish the monster in its human form?"

"If only us wolves can sniff the monster out, but we hybrids have limitations too and cannot go to that certain extent." Martis rubbed his forehead and sighed, joining the leaders who were about to walk out of the room.

"Wait!" Jin called out. The leaders turned to the janitor with raised eyebrows as the boy said, "Tell us more about the wakabaganda. Is it something to do with the Black Panther?"