Episode 12

VXI High – 7:45am
The Leading Quartet

The school was in an uproar ever since the disappearance of the twelve students, and worst of all, two of the victims identified were from high-ranking families– one is the son from the imperial Zhang Family, and the other is the daughter of the Minister of Internal Affairs.

Due of the extreme fear of getting destroyed by the formidable clan and the Minister himself, the police were quick to make a move, diving their men into numerous search parties to investigate every corner of the country.

One more issue that has lead the public to become more perplexed regarding this case was the fact that the bus driver hired to transport these victims to the forest, was also reported missing.

No signal could reach out the students neither the teacher. The location of the so-called "Evertit Forest" remains unknown.

The school building was swarmed with hundreds of TV crews all over Korea, demanding for answers and clarifications. And especially, for the person behind this.

"For the fifth time, I was never told about this field trip!" Principal Min exclaimed. "No one informed me about this nor asked for my permission! This is not my doing."

"Sir, then how do you explain this situation? Every principal should be aware of what is happening in their school– it would be fraud of you to claim that you don't have any idea about the disappearance of your students." The reporter assumed, pushing the microphone back to Principal Min's face.

The middle-aged man sucked his breath, keeping his cool as he repeated once again. "If you would be so kind to reconsider the fact that two of the victims missing are also my children– are you now suggesting that I was intentionally putting them in this field trip which I wasn't even told?"

Another reporter shouted, "But how could your children not inform you that they were going on a field trip? Teenagers ought to have a weaker bond with their parents, but they should at least inform them about their club activities, especially when it involves camping in a forest!"

Principal Min was exhausted. Wiping his sweaty face, he went back into the school, causing the reporters to yell out more questions in hopes for him to answer.

Everyone in the hallway was staring at the man. A random student asked. "Soooo are the senior students gonna come back–"

"GET BACK TO YOUR CLASSES!" He shouted, causing them to flinch and scurry away.

After there was no one in sight, Min Yoonjae dialed a number angrily. "I don't care if he's busy. Put Zidong on the fucking phone."

. . .

The police were on the run to track the location of the missing students, but little did they knew, it was already found by a 5-year old boy. Wong Yukhei (Lucas) didn't even need to use any equipment; all he needed was his brain.

Lucas' eyes shot open and blood immediately oozed out from his eyeballs. "I found it."

Tzuyu and Jackson watched as their little brother rushed to the 3-D hologram displaying the earth globe. Furiously typing on the floating keyboard, the globe oriented to display Asia, which zoomed into Korea, then to Seoul, and finally into a blank spot.

"This is a public hospital.. um, the elementary school, and see? In 20 kilometres along the highway, the bus driver must've drove into the forest..."

His hands pointed at the digital map. "Then they walked up the two mountains and.." He squeezed his eyes shut as he concentrated again.