Chapter 42

"Harry I have something to tell you." I was on the phone with Harry just after the game, as soon as I got to the locker room I called him.
"Turn around." I heard him say, but he sounded a lot clearer than he usually was on the phone, a lot clearer actually.
"What?" I asked
"Turn around, just trust me." the voice said again, this time I swear it was coming from behind me.
I turned around and dropped my phone. It was Harry. He was here, in the flesh. I saw him just a couple weeks ago, but anytime without him felt like years. I gave him a huge hug and kissed him.
"I didn't know you were coming." I said with a huge smile on my face
"I wanted to surprise you." Harry smiled back.
"You know I hate surprises."
"I figured you might like this one." Harry gave me another kiss. "Hey, who was that person talking to you after the game?"
I smiled even bigger. "That was what I was about to tell you actually. It was a scout from the Holyhead Harpies. She's offering me a spot on the team."
Harry looked so happy for me and pulled me into another huge hug. "That's amazing Gin! I'm so happy for you."
"Thanks."
As it turned out, Charlie was nearby for an accident with a loose dragon, and he ended up coming as well. We all went out to hogsmeade for dinner, and Harry was able to convince Mcgonagal to let him stay at hogwarts for the next day, so that he could come to the burrow with me.
After the huge party Gryffindor house threw, we crashed on a couch in the common room together, asleep in one another's arms.
When we returned to the burrow, I kept my invite to the holyhead harpies a secret, at least until I had it all figured out. Two days before Christmas, Jenny sent me all the details, and Harry came with me to discuss everything. I signed a contract for 8 seasons, starting with training this summer, and I would end up getting paid a lot more than I ever expected to make in life At Christmas dinner, I made an announcement.
"Everyone, I have some very good news to share." I said, making the entire table go quiet.
"Are you pregnant?" George asked jokingly.
I threw my napkin at him and continued. "I am not pregnant. Two days ago, I accepted a spot on the Holyhead Harpies."
Congratulations and hugs went around the table, and my mum came to me crying.
"My sweet girl, I'm so proud of you. I always knew you could get wherever you wanted to in life."
"Thanks mum. I'm still processing this if I'm going to be honest."
We laughed and sat down on the couch, discussing all the details, which mum gushed over.
"Can I steal Ginny for a minute?" Harry interrupted.
"Of course dear. We'll talk more later Ginny." My mum walked into the kitchen and to my dad, who had a huge smile on his face.
"What was tha=['t all about Harry?" I asked, confused as Harry pulled me up out of my seat.
"You'll see, just follow me."
I followed him reluctantly to our tree swing, where there was a small gift sitting on the swing.
"Harry-" I started
"Just open it." Harry shoved the small box into my hands.
I rolled my eyes. "Fine."
Inside the small box was a necklace, one that had a cursive H on it. "Harry, it's beautiful."
"Let me put it on you." I turned around and felt Harry put the necklace on.
"I love it. Thank you so much, really."
"Of course. I was hoping you would like it. I was really nervous actually."
I laughed, "Of course I like it. I don't even want to know how much it cost, but I still love it."
We sat there on our rope swing for a bit, talking about our future.
"Harry?"
"Yes love?"
"Do you want a family?"
"Of course. I want as many kids as we can get. I want the birthday parties, the early mornings, I want the family meals, I want the storytimes, I want the adorable pajamas. I want to see you hold our children, and love them. I want them to grow up with the amazing mother you'll be one day. I want to learn how to be a father."
"I want all of that too." I sighed, not wanting to wait so long.
The next few months passed quickly, me spending every moment waiting until I was done with school, so I could spend every moment with Harry.
As soon as I got off the hogwarts express for the last time, I ran to Harry, who was waiting for me with a bouquet of lilies. My mum was there too, crying her eyes out.
"My last baby... I can't believe you'll all be out of the house soon."
"Mum, I'll stay as long as you need me." I promised. "Besides, good luck on getting Ron out of the house anytime soon."
We apparated home, and had a small graduation party, which Luna and Neville came to as well. They were holding hands and I smiled, glad that they finally realised their feelings for one another.
"TO GINNY!" Harry yelled, holding his glass in the air.
"TO GINNY!" everyone yelled back.
It was great to see all of my old friends, especially those who graduated last year. The party went long into the night, until past midnight.
"Harry?" I asked while we sat on the couch
"Yes?"
"Do you ever feel like it's all a dream? Everything this past year has just seemed so..."
"I know exactly how you feel. I can't even remember a time that I've been so happy, yet sad at the same time for those I've lost."
"Exactly. I miss Fred so much, but at the same time, so much good has happened in the past few months. Sometimes I feel guilty for it."
"Ginny, you should never feel guilty. He, along with everyone else who died that day, died so that we could have a future, and they would want us to do something with it.
I snuggled close to his chest. "You're right. I really couldn't be any happier than I am right now."