Chapter 24

Christmas was as usual, though something was off. The whole order seemed down, and I knew it had to do with Sirius' death last year. It also had something to do with Voldemort, and I knew he was back for good, just as he has been since 3rd year. Charlie even came home for christmas, which while I loved seeing him, it also made me worry more than before. If Charlie was home, that meant something was seriously wrong.
On christmas morning, I approached Charlie, looking for answers
"What's wrong princess?"
I smiled at my nickname before responding, "Look Charlie. I know you're the only one who will tell me the truth. I know the situation keeps getting worse and worse, and I just want the truth."
"Princess I can't-"
"Yes you can Charlie. I know mum won't budge on me being in the order, but I still need to know what's actually going on. I'm not some little girl anymore,"
"I never thought you were just a little girl Princess. No one does. I know you want to be in the know, but anything I tell you will just put you at more of a risk, and I couldn't bear it if you got hurt or even... you know just because I couldn't keep something from you." Charlie looked sad.
I can't believe that even Charlie won't tell me. Noticing my sad expression, Charlie started again, "Hey I have a present for you"
I looked up at him and laughed, "Charlie, you already got me a new book. I don't need anything else."
"Well, that's too bad because this one is something I can't exactly return" Charlie pulled out something from behind his back. It was a baby dragon, no more than a few days old if I could guess.
"Charlie! You didn't!" I scream
"Yep, this little guy here is named Edmund, he's just a few days old. Edmund here is a dwarf dragon, which means he'll only get to about the size of a dog. Edmund itself means protector, which is exactly what he will be to you. He can breathe fire, but it is very light, and likely will not be able to catch anything on fire until he is about 5 years old. He is a huge responsibility, but I know you, and I know that you will take care of him."
I watched the little dragon run circles around me and sighed, he was barely even the size of my hand, and was the most adorable thing I have ever seen. "Charlie, he's amazing. I think I'll call him Eddie though, Edmund seems so formal." Charlie nodded, "I can't believe you got me a dragon!!!" I screamed and pulled him into a hug.
The rest of break went by fast, and I spent most of my days at my rope swing, always alone with my books, but that was how I wanted it.
"Ginny?"
"What do you want, Harry?" I said tiredly. I had no desire to talk to Harry at all.
"Ginny, chill out I just wanted to say sorry." Harry's face looked sad, and I could tell he meant it, "I'm sorry about last summer. I was a huge jerk, and you didn't deserve how rude I've been to you"
Bloody hell. Harry was actually apologizing. I want to just kiss him then and there, but I resist. I'm still with Dean, and I would never cheat on someone, even if it's just a kiss.
"It's okay Harry. I get it, really" I stared into his eyes, which seemed to sparkle in the light. We just sat there for a bit, just looking at each other.
We went on a short walk, catching up on everything that we had missed the past few days. I was nervous to break up with Dean as I had planned, but I knew it wasn't healthy for us to stay together for any longer.