Chapter 5

As I make my way to the common room with Hermione I run into my best friend Victoria Hale
"Vic! I missed you so much! Summer was sooo boring without you!" I practically scream as I go in for a hug.
"Hey Gin! I missed you too!! How was the whole summer with Harry"
"Oh shut it Vic! I decided I'm going to get over him."
"Finally! Oh I'm so proud of you," She jokes with me
"Thanks, so you want to help me?"
"With what?"
"A makeover of course!" I tell her, "So, you in?"
Vic is practically exploding with excitement "Ready? I was born ready!"
Vic grabs my arm and pulls me up to our dorm room. She runs around the room, and comes back with a basket overflowing with foundations, mascara, lipstick, and so much more.
"Let's do this" I say nervously looking at the tons of makeup shes holding. I'm ready.
Vic spends the next couple of hours teaching me how to apply my own makeup, what colors go with what jeans, what jewelry to wear, and the many ways that I can style my new clothes, which she insists are her old ones, even though most of them still have the tag on
"Vic, this is way too much, I can't take all of this."
"Oh, yes you can, just imagine it as an early christmas present" She tells me
"Fine, but just know that you're never allowed to get me another gift again"
"Oh trust me, you'll change your mind soon enough," she tells me
"Fine, you got me" I tell her
"I'm almost done with your makeup, hold still!" She scolds me "Ok, I'm done, time to look in the mirror at the new and improved Ginny!"
I turn around and look in the mirror hanging on the door of the bathroom. Wow, I actually look kind of hot. She put me in ripped skinny jeans, a red tank that fit my body perfectly, and a black leather jacket that paired perfectly with my black wedges. I loved my new look, and I couldn't wait to see what everyone thought of it. I went down to the common room to show off my new look at the annual start of the year party. As soon as I got down there, I could just tell that everyone was staring at me. For the first time ever I wasn't even embarrassed to be the center of attention, I was actually liking it.
"Wow ginny, you look great" I turned around to see Dean sitting on one of the many crimson couches, looking me up and down.
"Thanks Dean!" I say with a smile
"Ginny, can I talk to you for a minute?" My idiot brother comes up to me, what an absolute git.
"Fine" I tell him, rolling my eyes. We walk to a corner to talk "So, what is it you wanted to talk about?" I ask him rudely
"That's really not an appropriate outfit Ginny, you know everyones staring at you right?"
"So what? Maybe I want them to stare"
"You're joking right?" I give him a look that says I'm really not "Ginny, just because you can date this year doesn't mean you have to"
"What, so now you're going to tell me I can't date this year?"
"No-"
"Or now I have to run every outfit that I wear by you?" I roll my eyes again
"Fine, just forget I said anything"
"No problem. Now I'm going to go and enjoy the party."