Chapter 33

When we arrived at Hogwarts, the great hall was more silent than it had ever been. I realised just how many people were missing, at least from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. The slytherin table was filled with kids of death-eaters no doubt. I realised what was missing. Ron's horrible jokes, or Harry and Hermione's responses. But it was more than that. No one could seem to bring themselves to have fun, or to joke around when no one was sure of anything.
Everyone ate silently, except for the slytherins, who acted like nothing was going on. I hated them for that, it seemed ridiculous that they could pretend like most of their parents weren't out murdering innocent people, muggles and wizards alike.
Snape suddenly stood up with an announcement.
"Ladies and gentlemen, I wanted to inform you, if you are not already aware, that I am the new Headmaster of Hogwarts, and we also have two new professors, Alecto and Amycus Carrow. They are the new professors of Muggle Studies and Defence Against the Dark Arts, and I hope that you all will treat them with respect."
"I heard they're death eaters." Neville whispered
"Yeah, I think I remember Harry saying something about them last summer" I whispered back.
"It's too bad, but we'll make it through this year together." Luna said, squeezing my hand.
"Promise we'll be there for each other?" Neville asked
"Of course." Me and Luna whispered in unison.
The first few weeks of school were horrible, and I had no hope for the rest of the year. Most days we mixed up the tables in the great hall, everyone sitting with their friends, regardless of their house. But in classes, it was absolutely dreadful. The first week of classes, the Carrows were some-what ok, but as soon as they realised my connection to Harry, Ron, and Hermione, they soon began to treat me unfairly. Every time I messed up badly in an assignment, they would strike a cane to my hands, which soon were covered in scars.
Even worse, I was once late to class, and this time they were having a particularly bad day.
"Now today in class we are going to be learning about mudbloods, and why they are so bad in our world.
"You're joking right?" I interrupted.
"I most certainly am not. Now if you'd let me continue on with my lesson-"
I was definitely not going to let this happen. "Have you ever met Hermione Granger? I know almost everyone in this class knows exactly who I am talking about." I saw nods pass around the room. "Do you know how many people have said that she is the brightest witch of our age? At least a dozen, including Albus Dumbledor, who is known as one of the most powerful wizards to ever exist. And guess what? Hermione is muggle-born. She grew up without any wizarding lessons or teaching, like many of us did."
"Detention this evening Miss Weasley"
Later that night after my last class I walked slowly to her room, not sure what was coming, but knowing it wasn't going to be good.
"Miss Weasley, finally you're here. Now you acted especially disrespectfully to me today in class, and so you will have a special punishment." She brought out a cane, though this one was bigger than what she used on my hands. She promptly shut the door behind me and said "Let's hope no one hears you."
I walked back to my common room crying, but I tried to keep a straight face. I felt blood dripping down my  back, and my torn school robes absorbing it all. I felt a pain I couldn't have ever imagined, and it overcame my senses. Thankfully Luna was walking down the hallway, and passed right by me.
"Ginny? Are you ok?"
"Yes-" I lied, just before I felt my body fall towards the floor, where another person caught me.
"C'mon Ginny, let's get you to the common room." I heard a voice say. It was Dean. If I was in my right mind, I would have tried to stand up, but I wasn't and all I could say was "my back" before I passed out.
I woke up to even more pain, and I heard someone whispering "reparo". I looked around for the person who was healing me, and found that it was Luna. Neville and Dean were sitting next to her, looking worried.
"Ouch!" I shouted at one of the especially painful ones.
Luna gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Ginny. I'm doing my best."
"It's ok, it just hurts a bit is all." I tried to focus on other things, like what room I was in. I saw gryffindor flags and such, but the thing that told me what room I was in was that there was one untouched and empty bed, and I was in another empty area. The bedside table was clear, and so was the trunk, which sat empty. I was in the 7th year boys common room. I guess it made sense, considering that the boys aren't allowed in our rooms. I tried to figure out who's bed I was in, and when I inhaled, I could still smell the sweet smell that encompassed harry. It smelled like wood, cinamon, and there was a slight hint of flowers, specifically lilies, which had always been my favorite. I smiled, but that soon left my face as soon as Luna continued to close up my wounds.
"I'm almost done, Ginny" Luna promised.
"Ok, someone needs to talk to me, distract me." I said grimacing
"Ok, uh well how was this summer?" Dean asked
I grimaced. "Something else."
"Uh how about Harry?" Neville offered
That one hurt, and I'm not talking about my back "Nope, even worse"
"Oh ok, how about your favorite food?" Dean asked
"We dated for 2 months and you don't know my favorite food?" I asked
"I do, just wondering if it's changed?" Dean asked, and I was sure he was lying.
"Ok, then what was my old favorite food?"
"Uh- brownies?" Dean said nervously
"Nope, and remind me to never date you again. It is and always has been my mother's famous pasta and meat sauce recipe."
Dean laughed "Of course, I shouldn't be surprised."
"Done!" Luna said.
"Finally, now someone needs to help me move to my room" I said
"Ginny- I don't think you can really move right now." Neville said
"I have to get out of here. Please." I pleaded. I hated feeling like a bother to anyone.
Luna realised how desperate I was and added "I don't think we can move you, Ginny. I'm sorry. We could move you to Ron's old bed?" I shook my head. If I had to stay in this room, I would be as close to being with Harry as I could be. "Ok then. I'll go and grab you something to sleep in, as well as some bandages."
I was glad that if I had to stay in someone's room, it was Harry's. Even if
"Fine. please grab a hoodie, and some shorts." I finally responded after thinking about it.
Dean grabbed my left side, and Nevile grabbed my right as they walked me to the neighboring bed. They left the room, as Luna came back with my clothes. She helped me get changed, as I wasn't really able to bend over, or move much at all.
"I just need to bandage you up really quick, then you can go to sleep." Luna said, saying nothing about Harry, though I knew she was definitely wondering.
"You can ask, you know." I said
"You don't have to tell me, it's none of my business."
"But can I? I haven't been able to talk to anyone about it" It really might help me to talk to someone, and who better than Luna?
"Of course Ginny. I'm always here if you want to talk."
So I explained it all. Our relationship from start to finish, and she never interrupted, she just nodded along. With anyone else I might think that meant she wasn't really listening, but I could tell that she was, she just was thinking and processing it.
"Ginny, I'm so sorry. Harry's quitte stupid if he thinks he's helping you. Besides, it's not like you won't find danger on your own."
We laughed together as she finished up her bandages, and I fell asleep in the crimson sheets.