Chapter 37

Murmurs went around the room, people saying it couldn't be true.
"EVERYONE LISTEN UP!" I yelled, and the room went quiet. "Tell everyone you know who might want to fight. I understand if you need to leave, and spread the word, we need everyone who can't fight out. No one who doesn't want to fight will be left here. Does everyone understand?"
Nods went around the room, and I was thankful when people started to filter out, so that I could process what was about to happen.
"Hello?" I turned around to see my entire family, along with the order come out of the fireplace.
"MUM!" I sprinted to her, just wanting to be held.
"Dear, are you doing alright?" mum asked me
"I'm good." I lied, but she didn't seem to notice. That or she just really wanted to believe me.
"Ok, here's what's going to happen. Fred, George, you keep an eye on your sister. Ginny, you are not to leave this room, do you understand me?"
Now I was mad. "I am not going to sit here while you go off and fight."
"I think it's a good idea." I heard Harry say quietly.
"I couldn't care less what you think is a good idea." I shouted.
"Ginny, you are staying here, end of discussion." My mum said
"But-" I protested.
"No Ginny, Mum's right." Bill added.
There was no point in arguing anymore, so we started to spread out. Harry left for a moment, and came back holding a bottle that read "Felix Felicis"
"What is that Harry?" I asked, addressing him for the first time all day.
"It's liquid luck. I've been saving it since last year. Hermione, Ron, and Ginny, you all split it. I'm not sure what good it'll do, but it's worth a try."
I was shocked. I suspected that Harry didn't care about me anymore, but if he wanted me to have this "liquid luck" stuff, that must mean he cares, even just a little.
We all passed it around, and when the last got to me, I gulped it down. The liquid was an odd thickness, almost slimy as it went down my throat.
"Okay, first things first, I need to find the ravenclaw diadem." Harry announced to the group that was still in the room.
"There's a replica in the Ravenclaw common room, I can show you if you like." Cho said, too eagerly for my liking.
I gave Luna a pleading look. "I can take you, besides, I know who you need to talk to."
"All right, but we need to do something first.
We had a meeting in the great hall, so all of Gryffindor house, including Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who were hidden in the center of the group. I was next to Harry, and I felt him grab my hand hesitantly. I was about to pull my hand away, but I realised something. This might be the last time I see him, or my family, or my friends. I couldn't take that for granted.
I gave his hand a quick squeeze, telling him that it was ok. We looked at each other at the same moment, and got caught in each other's eyes. I forgot all of the pain he had caused me this past year, I forgave everything he did to me, because in that moment, all I wanted was to be in his arms, with him telling me everything would be ok. Snape announced something, something I couldn't hear because I was so lost in Harry's eyes.
We looked away and to Snape, who continued on to say "We have heard rumours of Harry Potter being in the castle. Anyone who is seen helping him will be punished, and I'll allow the Carrows to be in charge of that punishment." I shuddered, causing Harry to look at me oddly.
All of a sudden Harry's hand was missing from my hand, and he was in the center of the great hall.
"HOW DARE YOU. HOW DARE YOU STAND WHERE HE STOOD!" he shouted.
All of a sudden a strange voice was in my head. It was a voice, and one I recognized. It was Voldemort's voice.
"All you need to do is bring Harry Potter to me. No magical blood will be spilled so long as you bring him to me. If you are unable to do that, I have my forces waiting outside the walls of your precious school, and they will not resist to kill anyone who gets in their way."
I looked around and to Harry, who was still standing in the center of the great hall.
"Someone grab him!" someone from the Ravenclaw table shouted.
I was scared, Harry was our only chance to defeat Voldemort. I ran to the center, right in front of Harry with my wand out.
"You'll have to kill me first." I shot back
"And me"  Hermione said, coming up next to me.
"And me" Ron said, joining me
"Me too."
Soon there was a circle of more than 50 students surrounding Harry. I knew this battle wouldn't be easy, but we had to try, for our family, for our friends, for everyone we care about.
Soon Harry was gone again, and I heard spells getting fired at the walls of Hogwarts, and a protection spell getting cast. The sky was filled with sparks, so much that they almost looked like stars in the sky. I ran to find Harry, but he was nowhere to be found.
Soon the protection spell broke down, and I helped a couple first years to the room of requirement, the only place they would be safe.
Soon the castle was filled with spells flying everywhere, rarely hitting the person who was meant to be hit.
I saw Fred running by, holding a first year hufflepuff who was crying her eyes out.
"Fred!" I yelled, trying to get his attention.
"Ginny! I have to take her to the room of requirement." He motioned to the small girl
"Of course, please be safe Fred."
"You too." Fred started running away
"Love you" I shouted, but he must not have heard me, because I didn't hear his response. I continued to battle, protecting both myself and others. I slowly made my way to the great hall, and when I got there, I saw hundreds of bodies, few still being alive. I saw my mum sitting over someone and my heart stopped.
I slowly walked closer to the body, and realised it was Fred. George was standing above him, crying. I ran to my mum, and we sat there for a few minutes, just holding each other as we cried.
How could Fred be gone. I saw him just minutes ago, bringing the 1st year to safety. I couldn't stop thinking about how I would never hear one of his horrible jokes, or him and George saying something in unison like they always did. It was hard to imagine the Burrow without him. He was always so outgoing, George is more timid.
Voldemort's voice once again interrupted my thoughts. "You have lost many, so we will give you an hour. If Harry Potter does not come to us by then, you will all be destroyed. Use this time to account and mourn for the dead, because soon you will all join them."
I looked up, and saw Harry standing at the entrance to the great hall. He was covered in dirt and blood, and he had scratches all over his face. He looked at me, then Fred's dead, lifeless body and he ran out. I wanted to go after him, but I couldn't bring myself to get up.
After 30 minutes of sitting there crying, I decided I needed to help people who were still alive. Then I noticed two bodies, sat next to one another with their hands touching, and a new wave of pain crashed over me. It was Tonks and Lupin. What would happen to Teddy, their baby boy? Who would take care of him. Even worse, he would grow up just like Harry, with no family, all alone. No. Even if I was just 16, I would take care of him if there was no one else. I would make sure he had a loving family, even if they weren't his by blood.
All of a sudden I was getting pushed away from the great hall, and out to the courtyard. Me and my dad held one another, and he never made me stand on my own.
I saw Voldemort enter the courtyard, behind him was tons of death eaters, but one person stood out. It was Hagrid. Hagrid had something, someone in his arms though, and my whole world crashed when I realised who it was.