Chapter 4

"Hey guys, mind if I sit here?" I ask
"Of course we don't!" Dean says smiling
"Yeah, Ginny, I was saving you a seat" Luna says to me. Luna's a Ravenclaw, and she's one of the smartest people I know. Well, and one of the weirdest if I'm being honest. I can't say I understand everything she talks to me about, but she's a good friend so I try my best to keep up.
"Thanks guys, so how was your summer?" I ask
"Good, me and Dean just got back from the quidditch world cup!" Seamus tells me
"Really? Me too!" I tell them, "It was pretty amazing huh?"
"Yeah, it was bloody brilliant, I can't believe how good everyone was," Dean pipes in. "After the game tho.."
"Yeah, it was crazy, I got pretty scared, though I was fine luckily"
"I'm glad," Dean says, smiling at me.
No doubt about it now, Dean definitely still has a crush on me, I mean I know he had one on me last year because he asked me out, though I had to say no because of Ron.
I smile back at him, "thanks, hey are you playing Quidditch again this year?" I ask him
"Of course! What about you?" Dean asks me,
"Obviously! Ron can't keep me from the game this year. I've been practicing all summer"
"Really? Can't wait to see you at tryouts!"
We talked almost the entire trip, and I actually started to really like Dean. When we arrive at Hogwarts finally, I look up at the school that I'll be spending the next 9 months in. With the exception of winter and spring break of course. Hogwarts truly is a beautiful school, and I don't think I've ever seen a building so unrivaled in beauty and mystery. We get through the opening ceremony and just before we eat, Conelius fudge, the minister of magic starts to speak. This is really odd, he's never at Hogwarts, like ever.
"I would like to announce to you the triwizard tournament will be taking place this year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry..." He drones on talking about how Durmstrang and the Beuxbattons are going to come to the school tomorrow to start the competition.
This sounds actually kinda interesting, I wonder if I can enter too. I mean my brothers would kill me before I even get to compete.
"I'm totally entering" Fred whispers to me,
"Yeah, me too" George whispers as well
"Me too" I say quietly
"You're joking right?" Ron says from across the table "You'll get yourself killed"
I roll my eyes at him "You're the one whos joking I hope, I'm more than capable of winning a couple of challenges" I shoot back at him
"Mum would absolutely kill you, and-" Ron gets cut off by Fudge
"You must be 17 to compete in the competition"
The whole gryffindor table groans and the great hall is filled with shouts of protests
"SILENCE" Dumbledor yells "rules are rules. Now, Let's eat!"