chapter 18

You felt a slight tugging on your head and groaned slightly. Your eyes tiredly  flutered open.

"Good morning, y/n" Kai spoke softly behind you.

You rubbed the sleep from your eyes and turned to see you resting on Kai's lower torso. He had a soft smile on his face as he gently played with your locks.

You snuggled up to the sheets as you enjoyed the sensation of Kai playing with you hair.

"So, Y/n, I was thinking today that maybe we could go have a day out in the forest. It's a beautiful day outside and I would love to share it with you" Kai said as he brang you closer to his face.

He placed his hands on either side of your face and looked into your eyes,awaiting an answer.

You yawned and nodded, giving him a small grin.

He chuckled"cute~"

Kai leaned in and pressed a soft kiss on your forehead. Then picked you up in his arms and carried you to the entrance of his small cave.

Kai placed you on the ground and then gasped in realisation. His eyes widened as his cheeks were brushed a soft shade of pink in pure excitement.

"Wouldn't this be a date in your words?" He asked as he practically bounced on the spot. He reminded you of a child sometimes.

"Yeah, I guess it would be" you replied . Your gaze drifted from him to the scenery in front of you.

You eyes widened slightly as your bottom lip dropped in pure awe. The sun was only just fully over the horizon. All the plants had morning dew on them that glistened like crystals in the sun. All the colourful flowers were beginning to open up and reveal thier true beauty.

Emerced in the view you didn't notice Kai make his way behind you.  You jumped slightly when he snaked his arms around your waste and rested his head on your shoulder.

"Its beautiful" you spoke as your gaze met a few rainbow birds fluttering past.

Kai chuckled and planted and few kissed on your shoulder before replying.

"Yes, is it quite stunning. But, nothing matched your beauty" he said as he tilted your head to his and gave you a gentle kiss.

Once you had both parted you looked at him and smiled. You entangled your small hand in his large on. He took the invite and wrapped his fingers around your hand in a loving way.

"I'll escort you to the most beautiful place I know" he said,impersonating a butler. You giggles at this small action.

Every time you met Kai's eyes along the way, there was a deep passion burning in them. A deep love always laced his gaze. A love that you had never seen before in people back home.

You began to think about home as Kai lead you through the forest. Slowly, as you walked your smile faded and your gaze shifted to the ground.

Only did Kai notice when he had arrived.

"We are h-" he began to say as he turned to face you, only to stop when he saw you sad.

He frowned and made his way to you. Lowering himself so that he could see your face. He used his hand to move the hair covering your face aside.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He whispered in a caring tone.

You didn't reply. You were on the brink of tears and if you said a word it would all come out.

He sighed and slowly brang you closer to him in a warm embrace.

He chuckled sadly," It seems that as the days go past things are just getting worse and worse"