chapter 14

"You don't believe me?" Zagan questioned in a deep tone of voice.

"Of course I don't! Your nothing but lies!" Kai spat back as he held you tighter.

You shrank into his chest and blocked your ears. Your eyes twitched with fear and your frame shook violently.

"You sure would be enraged if you found out your little friend there had run away from you" the larger Naga said as he pointed a clawed finger at you.

Kai's gaze fell on you as Zagan continued his speech.

"This human you call a friend happened to run away from you the night you confessed. She doesn't care about you. She only wants to run back to her own kind. Her selfish race"

Kai looked baffled as his grip on you loosened ever so slightly. His brows twitched in frustration as he parted his lips to speak.

"Is it true, y/n?" He asked.

You gulped as your shoulders shook in fear.

"W-well..."

"Well, what?" Zagan said, arching a brow. A devilish smirk creeped onto his lips.

"I didn't want to leave but.." you said as you opened your eyes to look at Kai. Who was staring down at you.

"My family will be worried sick if I don't return from this..." you said as you averted your gaze from your snake companion.

His brows frowned as his facial expression looked hurt.

"Y/n...I understand. You didn't need to run.." His voice was low and quiet. It was comforting but anger was laced in it.

You frowned in a guilty way. Your h/l h/c hair fell over your eyes, shielding then from the outside world.

Zagan cleared his throat in a loud and rather dramatic way,grabbing the attention of both Kai and you.

Your eyes, only just visible, peeked through your hair to look over at Zagan.

"Now, how about I make a deal with you Kai?" He said.

Kai's head leaned backwards, as if trying to avoid what Zagan had said.

"No! The last time I made a deal with you it ended in chaos" Kai retored at his nemesis.

Zagan scoffed and rose his brows.

"You call injuring yourself chaos? You really are pathetic" he said as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Deal..?" You asked quietly,looking up at the blonde haired male. His pupils meeting yours.

"It doesn't concern you"

"Oh, but I think it does! If you wish to stay with this human you may aswell spill the beans! You never know, Kai... she might run again if you don't be honest. I don't think you would enjoy that one bit" Zagan said in a low tone as he looked down the bridge of his nose towards you.

Kai stopped mid breath. His eyes widened at his words.

"No.." Kai said in a defeated tone. He lowered his head as his gaze fell on the floor. You hated to see him like this.

You slowly rose your hand to his cheek and cupped it. Kai's eyes fell on your hand, then up to your e/c orbs.

"Its okay" you said,reassuring him.

He let out a sigh and looked back towards Zagan. Zagan had a smirk on his scarred lips.

"So,you gonna tell her about your past or what? Kai"