Chapter 65 Hot Springs Part 1

Start from the beginning

"This is a strong magic region. Deep underground, there is a volcanic belt that's laced with mana so lava is constantly being spewed. Normal humans can't make it here, but if you reach the peak then you'll find the most relaxing hot spring you can imagine. Now let's reach the peak!!!"

"Woman, you are insane!!!!!!!"

"Stop complaining!!!"

Kyoya instantly got hit on the head by Mereoleona. However, he knew that this place is the worst possible scenario for an ice mage like himself. That and he hates being hot and sweating. As he took a step forward, he began to use Mana Skin like he did against his fight with Xanxus.

"Coating my body with my mana to protect myself. That part is easy, but in a magic region like this I need the coating to adjust to the constantly changing mana here. Now that I have a plan, it's time to reach the peak!!!"

Kyoya created multiple platforms of ice in order to jumped higher and higher up the volcano

Kyoya created multiple platforms of ice in order to jumped higher and higher up the volcano. However, everytime he jumped to a new platform, the previous one melted due to the heat. While this happened, Yami and Charlotte were also using mana skin as they were scaling the mountain.

Soon everyone began to use the technique, except for Asta, as they attempt to climb the mountain. While this was happening, Yuno was also using wind magic to fly himself to the peak. Soon Yami began to think to himself as he cuts rubble after rubble that were falling down on him.

"I get it now. Sisgoleon brought us to be examples for her squad. Especially Charlotte and Ice Stripper, their magic is an awful fit for a place like this but they're still holding their own. Plus the Golden Dawn's ace rookie is close to their age so that makes them competitive. Guess she's sharper than she looks....."

"What are you idiots doing?! I thought I told you to climb!!!!!"

".....or maybe she's just mean. I don't know anymore."

While this happened, Yuno looked at Kyoya as he kept making platforms out of ice to keep moving upwards. Soon Bell flew next to Yunk sat on his shoulder as she caught Yuno staring at Kyoya.

"During that last mission, Kyoya basically carried the entire thing on his shoulders while me and the others got defeated by one member of the Eye of the Midnight Sun. I need to get stronger no matter what."

"Alright, i'm high enough now. Guess I can change tactics a bit. If i'm doing this, I might as well have fun while i'm at it. Ice-Make:Grappling Hook!!!!!"

Kyoya creates a pair of four-pointed grappling hooks with chains that connect with the Ice-Make aura around his hands

Kyoya creates a pair of four-pointed grappling hooks with chains that connect with the Ice-Make aura around his hands. As they latched on to some rocks, Kyoya swung himself higher. As the hooks melted, he made another pair as he repeated this process. Soon Kyoya found himself standing at the top of the volcano.

"I actually made it. Guess i'll wait for everyone el-"

Kyoya suddenly turned around as he was ready to launch an attack. He felt something strangely familiar heading for where he was, when he did he was surprised to see Asta.

"Asta......no. Of all the powers he could've gotten....why......why does he posses one as well?!?!"

Kyoya was surprised by Asta's appearance

Kyoya was surprised by Asta's appearance. How could someone with no mana pull off a transformation like that? However, before he could question it, Asta flew past him. As Asta was flying while holding his anti-magic sword, he saw that he was heading for Mereoleona. As Charlotte and Yami stood next to Kyoya, Yami and Kyoya put their hands together as they saw Mereoleona punch Asta into a wall. Soon they both said what they were thinking out loud.

"Rest in peace, runt/ya midget."