Chalk

You sat boredly on the couch, flipping through a random pile of books you found. None of them looked interesting enough to read, so you put them all back into a neat pile and sank into the couch. “Today has nothing in store for me huh?” you asked yourself. Jack was in his recording room busy with videos, so you couldn't go and bother him right now. You decided to go to the store, since there wasn't much else to do anyway. You grabbed your things and the car keys, writing a note to jack in case he got done recording early.  You jumped into the car and made your way to the market. 

    ~during shopping~

You picked up some needed groceries as well as a small pack of cookies for Jack since he worked so hard this week on his videos. You were just strolling around, about to leave when a bright colorful box caught your eye. You stopped dead in your tracks to examine this box. It had a bunch of little drawings all over it and it had “CHALK” written in big yellow letters on the front. This gave you an idea to spend some silly quality time with Jack. You grabbed the box and ran home as fast as you could, since Jack was probably done with his video and had an hour break until he worked on other things. 

You got in the driveway, excitedly grabbing the bags and heading inside. Quietly grabbing the cookies and chalk out from the bags, you walked upstairs to his recording room and opened up the door. He was clicking away on something, checking the clock now and again. “It must be almost time for his break” you thought to yourself “Perfect timing.”

You waited until he turned off his computer to come in, so you weren't disturbing things. Hiding the boxes behind your back, you stepped in, giving him a big smile. “Hey baby” Jack said, getting up from his chair “Just in time, it's my hour break.”

He walked up to you and gave you a sweet kiss, cupping your face in his hands. “What’re you hiding back there?” he said in an amused tone, trying to reach for the things behind your back. 

You giggled and dodged his arms. “A surprise for your hard work” you replied, backing up out of the room so Jack would follow. You put the items in front of you so you could walk down the stairs, keeping them still hidden from Jack. You walked into the kitchen, turning around and setting the items on the table. “Vuala!” you said, patting the tin of cookies.

Jack got a wide grin on his face. “God I love you, you're so good to me” He giggled, hugging you while kissing your cheeks. You opened the box of cookies and gave him one, while grabbing one for yourself.

 Jack finished his cookie and grabbed the box of chalk. “What's this for? Can we play with it?” He asked, shaking the box a little. 

“I got it for funsies!” you replied, taking the box from him. “If you want, we can go play with it outside right now.”

A wide grin spread across his face. He joyfully nodded and followed you outside to the sidewalk's pavement. You both sat down and opened up the chalk box. It was a good sunny day for being outside, so you decided you might as well play with it now. Jack grabbed a couple sticks and began to work on the pavement. You sat trying to figure out what to draw.  Jack must've noticed you were thinking really hard. “Don't think about it,” he said. “Just go nuts!’”

You suddenly didn't care if it looked good, you just wanted to draw with him. You picked up a piece of chalk and started drawing random things. You drew a smiley sun, a flower, and other various items. You looked over at Jack who had drawn a septic sam, and started drawing a big cake.  Neither of you were very talented, but it was really fun spending time with each other anyways. Jack soon brought out the cookies for you to munch on while you drew. 

“Hey Y/N,” Jack said, tugging on your shirt “Look.”

He grabbed a white piece of chalk and started drawing a little stick person holding another stick person's hand. “This is an average guy, nothing very special...but this person right next to him, is the most amazing person there ever was! They just so happen to have our names too.” Jack said, giggling and grabbing your hand. 

You smiled and gave him a quick kiss while squeezing his hand. You started to draw again when suddenly Jack's alarm went off on his watch.  “Oh,” you said, putting down the chalk “I guess you should be getting back to work about now, huh?”

You started putting up the chalk when Jack turned off the alarm and grabbed your hand. “Work can wait, I wanna stay with you longer.” he said, giving your hand a little squeeze. You smiled and got up, dusting yourself off. “I'm gonna go get us juice boxes, I'll be back in a sec” You said, heading towards the house. 

Suddenly Jack whipped his hand around and gave you ass a little smack. “Gotcha!” he said, laughing like a kid. You turned around to look at him, and he had his hands in front of you, covered in white chalk powder. “Hey..uh...you've got a little something on your butt.” He giggled, dusting off his hands. You started giggling too, wiping the white handprint off your butt. “You, sir, are a jackass.” you replied, ruffling his hair.

“I LOVEEE YOUUUU Y/NNN!!” Jack shouted as you walked back into the house. You giggled and rolled your eyes. Today was fun, it was really nice to spend some quality time with Jack for a bit. 

(Sooooooo…...Hi, welcome back to the underworld. I'm really sorry for skipping 4 months. I'll try and make it up to you guys as best I can. I'll try posting a chapter once a week, and maybe starting a new book. I can do almost any ideas you some up with too. If you want, I can throw in a couple art pieces as well. I'll do my best to keep writing and make sure to give you the feelies as I did before. Cya soon next chapter, Love you all!)