Pastries

You walked through the doors of your favorite bakery/cafe in town the smell of freshly baked pastries and coffee filled the air. Since he was working a lot, Jack decided to make up for his absence with a date to your favorite place. You held his hand and scanned the room for a place to sit. You spotted a small booth for the two of you.

Jack looked over at you and noticed where you were looking. "You can go sit to save our spot, I know what to order." He said winking. You kissed him on the cheek and walked to the table.

Not long after you sat down and pulled up your phone, someone else slips into the booth with you.

At first you thought it was Jack, but since they didn't announce themselves or anything you second guessed it. "Hey baby~" they said. It definitely wasn't Jacks voice. You contemplated what to do, and decided to ignore them behind your phone. "Aw, come on, don't hide from me sweetcheeks~" they cooed leaning over the table. This was getting annoying. You put down your phone and looked at them "Excuse me, I'm already with someone." you said flatly.

They paused a second before a smirk came across their cheeks. "So? I'm here, you're here, and especially with a body like that, we can keep it a secret~" They said putting their hand on yours. You almost gagged at that statement and took your hand away. "I don't want to, please leave me alone." you said more sternly this time.

You noticed a figure coming up behind them. You prayed it wasn't their accomplice to help them with whatever they were contemplating. You glanced up and a wave of relief washed over you. It was Jack. He furrowed his brows and mouthed "Is this guy bothering you?" You gave him a pleading look and nodded slightly. Jack had been working out lately, so his muscles were pretty noticeable and a little intimidating. He set the drinks and pastries down and stood behind the person, clearing his throat.

The person went pale and they froze. Jack took a wide stance and crossed his arms. They turned around slowly to face a very unfriendly Jack. "I think you might be sitting in my seat." he said assertively. The person scoffed and stomped out of the bakery cursing under their breath.

Jack quickly sat down and grabbed your hands. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" you Jack asked worriedly. "No, no, I was just really uncomfortable.You came to my rescue though." you said. He smiled with relief and grabbed the treats. "Well I'm glad you're ok." He said sweetly handing you your pastry.

~ le time skip to when you guys get home~

You sat on the couch with your head on Jack's chest watching a Netflix movie. The thoughts of today came back in your mind like a dark cloud. What if Jack hadn't been there to get you out of that situation? What if it went south and they ended up fist fighting? What if they took off with you and shoved you into their car? What if Jack thought you were trying to cheat and broke up with you? These terrible thoughts were becoming a tornado in your head.

Suddenly a warm hand places itself on your shoulder. "Y/N? Are you okay love?" Jack asks worryingly. You sigh and turn around facing him. "Oh, it's really nothing, it's just I'm just worried of what would've happened earlier if you couldn't help in time." You said pushing a small smile to your lips.

Jack smiled reassuringly and pulled you close in a hug. "Oh, Y/N. You know I would never let anyone harm you. I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you while I'm here." He said while hugging you close and stroking your hair. "You know I love you right? So much." He cooed in your ear while hugging your body close to his. "Just relax, you are okay now. I've got you Y/N."

You don't know if it was his words or you were just exhausted, but you became so relaxed in his arms you fell asleep peacefully.