Secret date

Jack had been teasing you all week about a date you were going to go on. He told you that it would be a really fun date, but you had to wait until Friday. 

You had tried to get him to crack multiple times, be he never did. He would always tell you that you had to be patient, but it would be worth it.

~The night before the date~

You were so excited you couldn't sleep and it felt like being a child on  Christmas eve. Your mind was racing of ideas. Where in the world could you be going tomorrow?

As your mind kept imagining different date ideas, you had started falling asleep. 

~….~

After you woke up, you took a hot shower, dressed up in a nice pair of jeans and a simple sweater. You weren't sure what you were going to be doing, so you didn't get too dressed up. 

Later that day, you hear a small knock on the door. You happily walked to it, practically running.

You opened the door to see Jack holding a small bouquet, and smiling ear to ear. "Y/N! You look really pretty!" He said, handing you the flowers, and giving you a small kiss. 

"I've got the taxi outside, are you ready to go?" Jack said, pointing towards the bright yellow car parked outside. 

You nodded and you slipped on your sneakers and picked up your phone. "All set!" 

~And timeeeee skip!~

The taxi pulled into the parking lot of a big building with wide windows. It was hard to see what was inside, but it looked like a lot of neon lights and signs. 

You got out of the car, and starting walking hand in hand with Jack. The closer you got, the clearer you could see through the windows. "Jack….are we at an arcade!?" You exclaimed.

He started giggling "Maybe…"

You started getting really excited. Almost at a run, you approached the doors

When you stepped inside, you saw it was filled with lights and games. The smell of nachos and fries wafted through the air. There were games lining the walls, and different prize counters. 

The thing that caught your eye the most, was the big neon sign that was for a laser tag arena. You hadn't played laser tag in so long, and it looked like fun. 

Jack followed your gaze to the sign and smirked. "Wanna play a round?" He asked. 

You were shocked that it was all of a sudden "You mean right now?" You asked. 

"Fuck yeah right now!" Jack said, taking your hand in his toward the arena. 

You both walked up to the arenas doors and stood in the waiting room for the next round to start. 

After about 15 minutes, an employee opens up a door to another room. In that room he explains the rules, and tells you that he will be deviding you up into random teams. Blue and red.

Two employees split the group up and sent you two different ways, Probably to get vests and guns on. 

As you were walking, you turned to smile at Jack, but he wasnt there. You looked for him, but he just disappeared. You suddenly realized that you must of gotten seperated when being chosen in teams. 

You were bummed, but you remembered that you were pretty good at laser tag, and planned to take him down. 

You entered the vest room, which had red lights on the back. That must mean Jack was on the blue team.

You got your vest and laser gun on, and stood at the arena door, ready to go into battle. 

The doors opened, and you ran inside the dimly lit room. It was filled with foam towers and walls, with wooden stairs to go into more towers. Everything had blacklight graffiti written over it, and dots of color splattered the walls and floors. Music played loudly as fog machines poured out smoke from the walls.

You ran to the nearest pillar, and kept an eye out for any blue players, especially Jack. 

You were lucky you were in the red team, because the blue was practically a dead giveaway when hiding. 

You peeked out from the pillar, to see a blue light running up the stairs, he was wearing the same sneakers as Jack was, so you guessed it was him. You quietly followed him, up the tower. He stopped at the top, and started looking for people to shoot. 

"Surprise!" You exclaimed, shooting him in the back. Jack turned around surprised. "Y/N? Is that you" he said, squinting in the dark. 

"Yeah, we got separated, so I'm planning to kick your butt." You replied, backing up before his gun was ready. 

Jack pretended to be shot "Oh my! Ive been betrayed! By none other than my own lover!" He stumbled and stuck his tongue out like he died.

"Such sweet sorrow." You mocked. You ran down the stairs, and into a foam triangle forrest. Jack followed you, but lost sight of you when you turned. 

You watched him slowly walk through the foam walls, looking around for you. Suddenly a shot of light hit square on your target. And you heard giggling. "Tag!" He shouted.

"You faked losing me!? Oh the games on now Jackaboy!"  You said, reading to run so you could recharge. 

Suddenly, another player shot Jack, knocking his gun down. "God damn it!" He shouted, now running to a hiding place. 

You starting laughing at the fact he just got shot right after he shot you. "Dont laugh! Your giving us away!" He said, trying not to laugh too.

Your gun was useable now, so you ran up to the tallest tower, and sniped a couple people from there.

"That's my girl!" You heard Jack shout from behind you, and aimed for your back. 

You turned just in time for him to miss, giving you a clear shot at his chest.

"And that's called payback!" You said, running down to the walls. 

While you were running, your gun shut down and the vest stopped making noise. 

A voice over the loudspeaker said that this round was over, and we needed to head to the back door to take off the gear. 

You walked with Jack to the back room and hung up your vest. You both kept giggling to eachother and play fighting about the betrayal. 

Once you got outside the arena and back into the arcade, you and Jack both looked at the scores. Red had won by 5 points. 

You cheered and pumped one fist into the air. "Aha! Told you I'd kick your butt! Thanks for taking me here, this is a blast!" You said, smiling at Jack. 

"No problem, I'm having a lot of fun too." He replied. "Wanna get some fries and then play another round of laser tag?" 

"Hell yeah!" You replied "But the loser is paying the taxi back home!"

Jack gave you a devilish smile "I dont have to worry about that. Because next time, I'm going to kick your butt!"

"In your dreams loverboy!" 

A/N: oh boy! This is a lot longer than I was expecting! But this was such a fun concept that I couldn't skip it! Ive always loved laser tag, but I'm super bad at it. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading, and you have a great day/night!!!