Don't ghost me pt. 1

thank you and enjoy reading!!!

You pulled into the parking lot of your new apartment, your best friend, Mae, in the passenger seat. She was waving her arms in excitement to see the new place. You were moving in together to make costs easier, and it was way better than moving in with a total stranger as a roommate. 

You parked the car, the moving truck following behind you and parking. 

You pulled out your keys and jangled them around, before walking to the door and unlocking it. 

Mae came up behind you carrying in the first couple boxes that you took with you in the car.

Next step, getting everything else into the apartment.

~time skip brought to you by a time traveling author~

Both you and Mae plopped down on the couch, exhausted from moving all the boxes inside. "Hey, I'm gonna go take a shower and then unpack my bedroom. Don't wait up!" 

You nodded as she got up and left. You decided it was gonna be awhile before she got out so you wanted to start unpacking your room.

You walked over to your room, full of boxes and some of your furniture. You crouched down to open the first box. Having your own place might be kinda fun actually.

~wow double time skip~

You plopped down on your bed, looking around at the room. You didn't get all the boxes sorted out yet, but a lot of it was taken care of. 

You were in the middle of making plans when you heard someone nearby whisper. 

"Psst, hey." You heard again. You didn't see anyone though. "Mae?" You called, "Are you trying to scare me?"

You got up and walked out into the hallway to check for Mae. Nothing was there. You shook your head amd walked back to your room. You sat on your bed again thinking that you were just hearing things. 

Suddenly Your bedroom door closed shut. "Mae!" You called again, "You've done your job I'm spooked! You can quit and come out now."

Silence filled the room.

"Mae?" You asked.

Suddenly a voice got really close to your ear "I'm not Mae."

You screamed, jumping out of your bed. You backed up in a corner of your room, holding your arms in front of you ready to fight.

A figure started to appear from the shadows. Well, it seemed to be the shadow. As the figure stepped out more you could make out a male stature, but not much else.

Suddenly the figure jumped forward, getting face to face with you. You screamed again, punching into the air to protect yourself but hitting nothing. 

You opened your eyes to see a pasty light blue face in front of you. You studied the ghosts features closely. He seemed to have a beard with light eyes. His hair was shaved at the sides with color at the top. Though he was mostly a light blue you could make out a haze of color behind it. 

His hair had a green tint and his skin had a light peach one. 

Mae opened your bedroom door wrapped in a towel, just getting out of the shower. 

"You okay in here?" She asked "You kept screaming."

You jumped a bit and tried to explain what happened. "Th-there's a g-ghost! He's standing right here! Dont you s-see him?" You stammered. 

Mae's face went serious for a second. A smile cracked on her lips and she busted out laughing. 

"I'm not that gullible Y/N, good try though." She said, her laughter dying down. "I'm going to go get dressed, make sure that ghost of yours doesn't sneak up on me! OoOOooo~"

She giggled and wiggled her fingers creepily at you before closing the door and walking away.

You looked back at the ghost who had a smug look on his face. "Now I wonder why she didn't believe you." He snickered, pointing at the look on your face.

You opened your mouth to speak but before you could, the ghost put his icy cold finger on your lips. "If you're gonna start talking, your friend is gonna think you're insane. So, I'm going to do the talking right now. I need to explain a lot anyway."

He removed his ghost hand and seemed to pull an invisible chair out of nothing. He sat on it in front of you.

"First of all" he said, clearing his throat, "Cut down on the screams- I ain't here to hurt cha. Second, I would like to make a deal with you."

You raised an eyebrow suspiciously at him. "How am I supposed to trust you? First you scare the shit out of me and then you make me look crazy in front of Mae." You say, crossing your arms.

The ghost gave a long sigh. "Look, there really wasn't a way for me to approach you without scaring you, so making it obvious that I was a ghost was just easier." He said "You can trust me though. I'm a poltergeist, I can't do a whole lot to hurt you anyway."

You stayed silent, still giving him a suspicious look. 

"If I tell you my name and answer your questions will you trust me?" He said in defeat.

"Fine" you replied "but only if this 'deal' of yours gets you outta my hair."

A smile appeared on the ghosts pale face. "Perfect! Now we can get started." He grinned, folding his hands on his lap. 

"Now let me introduce myself, my name's Sean. I'm a ghost."