"What happened?" I asked quickly, not wanting to beat around the bush. "Scott, what's wrong?"

"Another one," he answered, staring at his screen. "Another Chimera."

♧♤♢♡

Leaving Josh's body behind, we went straight to find the most recent Chimera. It turned out to be Liam's friend Hayden Romero, who he had brought to Scott's house.

"Where is she?" Scott asked his beta when we arrived at his house. Isaac stood by the boy, having been the one to let Liam in when he brought Hayden there.

Liam scratched the back of his head, frowning, "Well, I tried to tell her what was going on, but she didn't really believe me so much. Or that other guy. Then, when I went to text you, she locked herself in your bathroom."

"Why?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know."

Scott stepped closer, whispering, "She's definitely a Chimera?"

Liam raised his brows, "She said she heard a voice saying, 'your condition improves'."

"Okay, that's unsettling," Stiles responding, saying what we were all thinking.

Without another word, we all headed upstairs into Scott's room. The door to his bathroom was locked, and if I listened close enough, I could hear unsteady breathing coming from the other side. She was still freaking out, that was for sure.

What from? We weren't entirely sure yet. All Liam knew, was that she was a Chimera.

It took me a moment to notice since I was so focused, that all four boys were staring at me. "Yes?"

They all glanced at each other, waiting to see who would speak up. Scott was the first to turn back to me, squinting slightly, "You're a girl."

"An astute observation, Scottie."

"Well," Isaac ventured. "Maybe you could talk to her? You know? Like. . . girl to girl."

"Isaac," I sighed, "This isn't a sleepover. She's becoming something against her will and is freaking out."

"Another thing you can relate to," Stiles tacked on, shrugging.

I turned to face him, eyes narrowed slightly as if to say, 'really?' Intro talks to the world of the supernatural weren't exactly my thing, but they were all more than happy to leave it to me.
"Fine," I mumbled, stepping up to the door.

Taking a deep breath, I rapped my knuckles against the wood. When there was no reply, I decided just to start talking and pray that whatever I said would have some sort of impact.
"Hayden? We've never met - at least not officially - but, my name is Riley Winters. I'm sure you're feeling scared and isolated at the moment but know that you're not alone. Whatever is happening to you, you don't have to go through it alone. We're not going to hurt you; we just want to tell you the truth. We want to help."

A moment passed before Hayden finally unlocked the door. Since I had spoken, Isaac stepped forward and pushed the door open. We all watched as it opened slowly, revealing Hayden who was standing in the dark with her eyes glowing and fangs and claws bared. She was a werewolf.

"I believe you," she told us shakily.

With my hands up to show her I wasn't holding anything that could look menacing, I approached her. "Take deep breaths, slow your heart rate," I instructed her, placing a hand on each of her shoulders.

She nodded, trying her best to do so. This was going to be a long night.

♧♤♢♡