Sixteen

"Stop! Please!"

I begged from afar, enforced my body to untangle myself from the rope. But my attempt was a naught. I bit my lower lip, looking at Erron's furious aura. Raiden was receiving many blow on his face, blood dripping from his mouth. His eye were swollen by the bruises.

"You might be a god, but nobody touches my girl," Erron growled in his tone, repeating his punches towards Raiden's facial features.

Raiden pulled up his feet just to push Erron from pinning him on the ground, the mercenary rolled back. Picking up his two guns and fired his bullets, Raiden quickly avoided them, even with an undesirable state. But one of his bullets pierced through his calf, making him fell on a knee.

Erron quickly rushed to him and swung his leg, making the Thunder God landed on his back. Tears started to ran down my cheeks as i witness the situation. Erron was the one who cannot be convinced otherwise. If he has a will, he will do so as he wishes. Without any consideration of holding back.

Struggling myself to break free, my breathing became unstable. My arms were shaking away from the tight rope, hoping for freedom. I turned my gaze towards the two, only to have them widened as Erron reloaded his weapon. He aimed it to Raiden's chest.

"No..." i mumbled, fastened my phase in breaking free. The sound of the cocking gun was heard, followed by the single shot that burst my sense of hearing. "NO!" i shouted at my late hour. The rope has lost its grip on tying my body, but as soon as i break free, my knees were weakened. Looking at the terror lies beyond me.

Unmistakably, the tears running down my cheeks started to become like a waterfall. The mercenary approached me and reached for my arm, "Let's go," he said. I felt as if the universe stopped spinning, there were no words left to say. All i could recall was my body being led to the portal.

Before i can step my feet inside, lightning was summoned from above. Raiden teleported beside me, automatically reached for my shoulder, and teleported away in a distance. Erron turned around to see him standing beside me. I was shocked, followed by my dropping jaw. Scanning his body, i found him in a lot of pain. His injuries weren't vital, but the wounds would seem to recover slowly.

"Go back to Outworld, mercenary."

As soon as those words were spoken from his mouth, he teleported back in front of Erron. Landed a blow by his feet, knocking him back into the portal. He swayed his hand, merged the magics recoiled from his arm. Made the portal closes. I placed a hand on my gasping mouth, quickly rushed to Raiden's leaping body.

"Raiden!" he fell on my arms, telling him to calm his breathing. I dragged him to the nearest tree and laid his back. I placed my hand on his chest, secreting my magic to heal his wound. There were many parts of his face that has become swollen. Bruises covered many parts of his limbs. Along with the blood dripping down his wounds, and mouth. Signed by his cough.

I bit my lower lip, trying not to burst a cry in front of him. Everywhere i go, there will be always the unfortunate. Thank gods i realized Raiden was an immortal, or else i would have been having a mental shutdown. Not caused by his death. Because the one who killed him, was Erron.

My flying thoughts zoned out of my conscious, with the fact my expression became unbearable to not being noticed.

A hand reached for my head, i turned my gaze away looking towards the ground. Jaw clenched at its maximum. "I... I'm..." i was trembling in the spot. My arms were shaking uncontrollably.

"It is not your fault, (Y/N)--"

"How is this not my fault, Raiden?!"

My voice echoed through the forest, making the birds on their nest flew away in shock. Raiden didn't flinch at my tone. I gritted my teeth, "This wouldn't have happened if i'm not being selfish! Forcing myself to learn how to open a portal... I shouldn't have let our powers be combined! Shouldn't have let that portal open! Shouldn't have..." i paused. I clenched my hand, too hard, that my nails cut deep on my palm. Dripping the blood out from my flesh.