Ten

For the past weeks my dream had become something that drives me mad. It rewound the past years of my past life i had in Outworld. The very experiences i recall tucking many emotions i wish i won't ever remember.

The powers i have, the original one, was received from when i first born. I had taken it from my father, just some magic he acquire. But this new one, it felt alien. I have trained my psychological to accept its new behavior flaming inside my body. But a new riddle conquered my mind. Immortality was the first one, but the change of my vision does not explains any entity.

Succumbing for the way its nature works would require more dexterity. By the looks of my situation, i had found a dead end. Raiden's pile of knowledge had been swept clean. I have read every last bits of the paper inside each book. None of them illuminate my desperation.

On the longest time i had my point of view locked on the small fountain far ahead, the tree's shade clearly covered the spot from sunlight. My hair was stroke by the breezing wind, having my mind empty on how to solve the matter.

Then my homesick instinct shakes my thoughts. My courage hasn't been pilled up to its maximum, but i had to do it. I stood up and prepared myself a suiting attire. Putting up my usual short kimono and brushed my hair to its braided style. Lastly, i didn't forget about my boots and fingerless gloves.

As i finessed my attention towards my outfit, i left my room, made my way through the long hallway. Just as my inaudible steps filled my sense of hearing, i reached the outside. I paused for a brief moment, only to realize i need to ask for my leave to Raiden. I just couldn't leave without any warning could i?

My figure was greeted by a sudden swift of winds circled my being, a figure was spotted already locking their eyes on mine. "(Y/N)" they greeted. I flinched in the spot from the sudden intrude. My head turned to the source of a the tall Thunder God in reflex, "By the Elder Gods you scared me."

My fingers brushed my chest to calm my nerves, he slightly cornered a plain smile "My sincere apologies."

I lightly painted a smirk, "It's fine. Anyway, i need to ask for your permit, to leave the temple for a short time."

"On what purpose?"

I blankly stared at his eyes before rearranging the words i want to splatter "To, visit my father. It has been years since i last saw him. I..." i paused as my tongue was intended to be bitten by my teeth. He waited for my continuance. Pulling back my thoughts will only make him realize i'm trying to cover something up, so i said "I seek his...guidance."

"Are you certain your novel form is acceptable in his presence?"

"That, i don't know, but i'll try" i brushed a bitterly warm smile before bowing in respect, "Though i welcome the company, Lord Raiden" followed by his as well.

"The offer is delightful. However, i must stay here and be on guard. I am forbidden to leave the Sky Temple without any vital occasion."

"Well then, i'll be going now."

"Send my regards to your father, Lady (Y/N)" is words shifted my spine to its highest temperature, the odd feeling stirring inside my stomach returned. I gestured a soft nod and raise my hand. Gestured the fingers to summon the roots beneath my feet. Covering almost my entire body, and pulled me towards the ground. Transporting me from the temple's ground, to my new designated destination.

*****

The first thing that greeted my eyes were the familiar scent coming from inside. The environment has not changed, only the slightest for the moss scattered across the roof. From the distance, i noticed the swing i used to enjoy as a child were still hanging gracefully at the back garden.