Thirty five

Yet again on one of his unfortunate Japanese accent, I was blushing mad. Remembered he said the same long ago. I pressed my lips and concealed my fluster, looking away as fast as possible. The Thunder God noticed my embarrassment, but decided to let it off. Not wanting any more unpleasing reaction from me.

Not even a pause after his statement, he continued, "(Y/N), I seek some elucidation."

I gestured my fingers. "Sure."

"I wonder of your bond with my future."

My breathing phase was suddenly paused on its own. Gradually, I let my body face the Thunder God. "I already told you, don't bother--"

"I simply curious on my motive. How sentiment could impale my being. How you were able to break through my judgement."

He clenched a fist and took a step closer, I pressed my lips when he slightly had his head bent closer. The blood inside my cheeks rushed intensely, while I was trying to hold the heat down. His eyes scanned my seaweed pupils innocently, like a child wondering how babies are born.

I reached the back of my head with a trembling hand. "W-well... I-I don't know how to phrase that--"

"Was there something that triggers me? Were there any obvious charm of yours which had enticed me? What was the cause of your affection? Is it possible that--"

The more he asked his questions, the closer he leaned towards me. I had stepped back a few times, enduring the reddish tint across my faint freckles. I shook my head abruptly. "Raiden, stop," I stuttered. My face had officially became red, the God of Thunder seemed to realize that. He tilted his head in confusion. I let the shade of my bangs concealed my stare, blocking the eye contact Raiden tried to held.

"Look... even if I could explain it, it would took hours, days. We have more things to worry about."

I encouraged myself to lift my head up, gazed my eyes at him. He seemed to be still at piqued, disappointed by my sudden reply. I sighed and rubbed my hand slowly, glanced away to think of something simple yet efficient.

I bit my lower lip. "Well, there is one in particular."

There was a brief pause before I continued, "He said he was contented when he sees me smile. As for me, I just loved the way he looks at me..." I shook my head slowly and shrugged my shoulder. "As for your other questions--I wish you could ask him yourself. I wish I could too..."

I clenched both hands, turning away from him. I let the wind soothed my bare legs, letting my elbow rested my body on the rough surface of the railings. I stared down at my pale reflection, softened my stare with my godly pupils. "Have you ever thought of abandoning my future self after evil has corrupted him?"

"No, I wouldn't. Even after he almost killed me, I chose to stay by his side."

"You are very kind, (Y/N)."

I giggled at his statement, I spun my head to him. "No, silly. I already told you. It's because I loved him. If I see him just because of lust, maybe I would leave him in an instant."

I sensed his pupils dilated slightly, though I was not quite sure of the cause. I cornered a smile and landed my hand on his shoulder. "For your sake, don't let the darkness take over you."

Raiden stared deeply into my eyes, glimmered his seafoam glow of eyes. He slightly twitched his lips upwards and nodded, assuring me.

Just after I let my hand hang back down, Liu Kang rushed to us. The two of us turned in confusion. "Lord Raiden, Lady (Y/N), there is a problem."