AE (3)

The others were turned back to their normal state as soon as Kronika retreated. Fujin fell on his knees as the crown was no more lying on his head. I rushed from behind him. "Fujin! You alright?" The Wind God shook his head, shaking off the dizziness.

"Yes... but the crown..."

Our heads were turning, searching for it. Our of courtesy, my eyes landed on the sorcerer's figure. Gracefully, he let his fingers hold the crown. "Truly... my finest work," he muttered.

Raiden approached him, a glare came from his sight. One that we had already expected. What will Shang Tsung do?. The air tensed within second. Out of expectations, Shang Tsung lifted his gaze to the Thunder God, handed the crown back to Raiden. "I will instruct you in its way."

Oddly relieved.

"What just happened?!" Liu Kang exclaimed.

"Kronika came here to retrieve the crown. We forced her to retreat," Shang Tsung replied.

Raiden announced, "We must strike while she is weakened. Let us join the armies massing at the Sea of Blood."

"Together, we will storm Kronika's isle. And take command of the Hourglass," he continued.

*****

We were gathered in the shore of the Sea of Blood. The wind stroke my hair as I let the view intervene my sight. The first time I visited the Netherrealm. The Special Forces were getting themselves ready. Only needed to wait for the Outworlders, although I felt like I belong there. All of the memories, painful enough if I wanted to remember it back. Missed my second home dearly.

"(Y/N)," a voice called. There Raiden stood behind me as I turned. I tried to put up a friendly smile "Yes?"

"I, once again, deeply sorry for my recent behavior."

I chuckled and brushed my fingers on my neck, "It's fine I healed it."

He glanced on to it. "Physically perhaps, but I know deep down you were psychologically troubled."

I looked up to him. Our eyes met again. The odd feeling stirred inside me, my heart was pounding rapidly. I smiled. "Apology accepted."

De javu.

"(Y/N)!"

A voice shouted from across, I spun my gaze to the source. Cassie sprinted towards me. Raiden gestured his head and left the both of us. Cassie with her usual smirk. I rolled my eyes. "Don't start."

"I won't."

She released a soft laugh. I stood there, having no options but to sigh under my breath. I crossed my arms. "We will march first in the frontline, are you sure you don't want to come?"

"I'm still waiting for Sheeva at the rendezvous, don't worry I'll catch up to you."

"Well then, Commander, I'm off."

My steps were interrupted when Cassie called out my name again. "(Y/N)."

I turned my head slightly. My eyes reverted to the standing figure with her eyes swayed by the wind. "Don't die."

I assured, or most likely, prayed, "I won't."

*****

The Sea of Blood sent a different feeling running through my spine, its color defines the thickness it held, not to mention the smell of it. Definitely not salty. I leaned over on the side railings. The wind stroke my hair, sent the breezing cold feeling up to my thighs from under.