Alternate Ending (1)

My body was lightened, the light starting to greet my eyes. I groaned as a hand supported my head.

"(Y/N), wake up," the voice called out to me. I shook my head and slowly stood.

"Liu Kang? What happened?" I glanced around, our surroundings changed. The views were like the age of the dinosaurs. Ancient.

"Kronika meets her defeat, happened." He stepped aside and revealed many pieces of broken crystals scattered on the ground. My eyes glimmered, I placed a hand on his shoulder. "You did it, Liu Kang."

"I could not have done it without you, and Raiden."

He spun his head towards another direction. My heart skipped a beat, turned my head around to see a familiar figure. Staring back at me with a pair of greenish-grey eyes. I gasped and slowly approached him, as he walked closer.

"Raiden?"

He stared at me softly and cornered a smile. "Hello, (Y/N)."

My eyes glimmered after his voice sent the chills down my skull. Unexpectedly, Raiden swung his arms wide open. My eyes flickered at his action. I jogged to him without any remorse and wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him tight between my arms. Raiden stuttered at the hug. But eventually, he let his arms wrapped my body closer.

I closed my eyes, feeling the warmth from him. I pulled away as his eyes meet mine. "What happened to your eyes? Your voice?"

"I have given my powers and godhood, to Liu Kang. I am merely Raiden, now," he explained.

"I'm glad you're back..." I muttered. His hand ran through my hair, slowly ruffling them softly. The heat on my face increased as the long pause carries on the atmosphere. I sensed my beating heart became rapid. I cleared my throat and pulled away without a doubt, concealing my embarrassment away.

I turned to Liu Kang, already had a smile across his face, he spun his head towards Raiden. "The Sands of Time are now yours to shape. It falls upon you to architect a new history," Raiden said.

"The fate of all realms in my hands? Raiden, I cannot do this alone."

"I shall advise you for as long as my mortality allows. But have no doubt, you are up the task."

Liu Kang turned to me. "I cannot be a god let alone the Keeper of Time by myself, I request you to replace Cetrion, as the new Goddess of Virtue."

I glanced back to the ground, thinking the unimaginable countless wonders inside my brain. I clenched both hands. The decision and choice were ruining my comfort. It was too sudden. I should've expected his acknowledgement. "I..." I paused, arranging the non-existent sentence with zero words.

Raiden suddenly placed a hand on my shoulder, making me to turn to him by reflex. His eyes assured me on something I could not recall. But their softness confessed something indirectly. I inhaled a deep breath, gradually let my eyes lock themselves on Liu Kang's.

"I'll follow your lead, Liu Kang."

The God of Thunder and Fire nodded in response.

"Then together. Let us begin." Liu Kang walked towards the Hourglass, merging his energy and magic on it.

I bit my lower lip, there was still a stuck commitment lies beneath my lungs. I had no more destinations to uphold, nor any more path to follow. No one to turned towards to, nor anyone to ask for advices. Following the new Keeper of Time was the wisest decision it could possibly for my empty options.

I noticed Raiden's gaze on my figure, but I wasn't budging. The doubt on my conscious still bothers me to the fullest. A happy continuous life was enough, yet reality had altered them in a different way. Left me speechless at the dawn of time.