Chapter 63 The Star Festival

Start from the beginning

"Wow Kyoya, you made it back alive. Hey, do you wanna fight to death!"

"I just came back from a life or death mission! Can't I catch a break!!!!!!"

The Black Bulls laughed as Kyoya was starting to act like himself. While Kyoya was strangling Luck, the Black Bulls saw Yami enter the room. However, one question popped into Kyoya's head as he saw his captain.

"What the hell is he wearing?"

"Alright you bastards, listen up

"Alright you bastards, listen up. It's that time of the year again. The festival is about to happen!"

As Yami was expressing his excitement, Noelle and Asta were confused about what this festival was. Seeing their confusion, Kyoya sighed and explained it to them.

"You know how every magic knight squad works hard to get stars, right? Well this festival is for announcing the total number of stars each squad has accumulated this year and are ranked accordingly. The highest earners gets first place, lowest gets last place. Basically it's a dick measuring contest."

While Asta nods his head in understanding, Noelle was blushing from how vulgar Kyoya was at the end of the explanation. Yami soon looked at the rookies with a serious expression.

"This is known as the Star Festival. Now let's stop wasting time and get going."

~The Star Festival~
At the city of Kikka, there were a lot of stands selling food, to play games at, and all sorts of gimmicks. Soon a spatial magic portal opened up as the Black Bulls finally made it. When they did, Yami smiled as he looked at his squad.

"Alright brats, the announcing ceremony doesn't start for a while so go ahead and enjoy yourselves."

"Yeah!!!!!!"

Soon everyone ran off to do their own thing. The only one still at the same spot was Kyoya. He couldn't even begin to think about what to do. Soon he just smiled as he walked around.

"Well i'm here as a citizen and not a magic knight, so I guess I can have some fun and let loose for a while."

As Kyoya was walking around, he caught the scent of something sweet in the air

As Kyoya was walking around, he caught the scent of something sweet in the air. Stars appeared in Kyoya's eyes as he ran as fast as he could to where the scent was coming from. When he arrived, he saw that one stand had candied apples, another had chocolate covered bananas. With tears in his eyes, he looked towards the sky.

"My luck isn't complete trash. I've found my paradise. This is the best moment of my life."

"I thought I heard a lively voice. It's nice to see you Kyoya."

When Kyoya turned around, he saw a familiar face. Though his face was slowly turning red as he saw her. Soon he shook his head as he realized that he was staring at her.

"O-oh....hey Juvia. Got to say, you look pretty upbeat."

"Weren't you the one who was drooling at the fact that there were sweets here?"

".............this conversation is over."

Juvia couldn't help but laugh at how Kyoya was acting. When they meet, he's usually calm and collected. But he seemed a lot more happy and free right now. While she was thinking this, Kyoya noticed that Juvia was also by herself. A small smile appeared on his face as he asked her something.

"Hey Juvia, do you want to explore the festival with me?"

As soon as Kyoya said that, he could've sworn he saw steam rising from Juvia's head. Soon he began waving his hand in front of her face as he had a concerned look on his face.

"Juvia?! Are you okay?! Don't walk into the light!"

"...i will."

"Huh?"

Suddenly Juvia smiled as she hugged Kyoya. While she was smiling, Kyoya was tapping her shoulder because he was being hugged to death and couldn't breathe. When Juvia lets go of Kyoya, she smiled at the ice mage.

"Yes, let's enjoy the Star Festival together."