Part 38- At World's Ends.

Start from the beginning

"I um—" *Clears throat* Proceed with caution Mal, remember, she's your boss and CAN fire you!

No-no-no, Fai IS my boss, and he wouldn't fire me, not even if SHE asked for it—even though I really don't know where I stand with him for now...shit! Focus girl! Play it cool and focus!

"I am, I am Coleman, why, is something wrong?" Maldives asked, her shoulders as squared up as her fragile pride could carry her.
She isn't even as tall as she looks from afar and in those stupid blogs, Maldives snorted, when she was finally at shoulders with her.

In fact, she could have sworn that if not for the six inches her feet graced, she would have probably towered over her with a considerable amount of height difference, 'but I guess we'll argue that later'

"Can see you really are a tough one..." Hailey nodded knowingly, her face wearing a mischievous smile as she stretch forth her hands towards Maldives.

Maldives furrowed in confusion. "What?" she asked confusedly.

"The files—surely you know that I'll be needing those" she retorted, pointing to the series of papers Maldives had gathered together from the floor.

"Oh—right" she mouthed, when she realized she still had them in her hands. "Here you go, sorry for running in on you earlier..." she began  apologizing, deciding it was in her best interest not to pick a fight. —Might not like her, but I obviously like my job so...

"You're sorry?" Hailey questioned amusingly, to Maldives disapproval. Bitch, you deaf or what?!

Sighing deeply, she pulled herself together as best as she could afford, before responding. "Yes, I'm sorry..I was in a hurry and—"

"Well, there you go! I think that's another thing we need to address Miss Coleman" Hailey chipped in, folding her arms and cut-edge red-polished nails in all seriousness.

"...your late-comings—I've heard they're quite legendary"

"Oh—um...I don't—"

"Nope, don't wanna hear it. Listen, you are the Financial secretary and—"

"Yes I know that and I—"

"Nuh-uh...no excuses!" she shut her up abruptly, her index pointing at her. Maldives, as discreet as her tolerance could afford her, shot her her 'What-the-fuck' face, an action that indicated she wasn't liking her tone with her.

"Look, I don't know how Fai runs this company—not that I question his judgments, but now that I'm here, eIll personally see to it that all forms of lateness and other short-comings, are not taken lightly.

"But you ain't even my boss" Maldives raised a brow at her.

"No, Fai is, and since I'm his partner—"

"Partner?" Maldives asked, furrowing.

"Yes PARTNER, while I'm his 'partner', you will do what I ask"

"Right..." she swallowed in defeat.

"Now I'm not sure if you're aware—considering your unruly habit of lateness, but on my first day here, Regina did ask that I be treated with—"

" 'With the same respect as she and the boss', I know" Maldives chipped in reluctantly. *hisses* 'unruly habit of lateness', 'unruly' my ass!

"Glad to know you were early enough to witness the introduction" she nodded proudly, before retrieving the files from Maldives hands and making her way out of the elevators.