Interrogations and Explosions.

The ride to Wheaton had been generally uneventful; the two in the front gently humouring one another before the car fell into a silent lull

The ride to Wheaton had been generally uneventful; the two in the front gently humouring one another before the car fell into a silent lull. Rosie had never particularly been to New Jersey before, the ride unfamiliar to her as she watched the trees flicker by them like little matchsticks. "Have you been here before?" She questioned, as they turned off the main road, taking a side road.

"It doesn't seem familiar." Nat said as her brows dipped, looking at the location on her phone. "Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?"

Steve glanced over at the girl beside him, taking in her legs. "Nazi Germany." Natasha made a mumble. "And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash." She took them down, throwing a playful smile over her shoulder as she looked to Rosie. Rosie hid her own smile as she looked down to her phone.

"Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?"

"What?" He sighed.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Rosie kept her brow down with enough force to rival gravity as she tensed, peeking up.

He looked back. "That bad, huh?" Rosie may disagree here, but Steve hadn't been that bad of a kisser - regardless of if he'd kissed anyone since 1945.

"I didn't say that." Nat defended, not keeping a straight face.

He huffed, draping his wrist over the steering wheel as he glanced between Nat and the road. "Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying."

"No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had." Oh Gods, this couldn't get any worse.

"You don't need practice." Steve dismissed, a hint of worry filling him. Was he that bad? What did Rosie think when he kissed her? That had been his first kiss since 1945, in his terms, it had only technically been a few years - not 70 of them.