Adrenaline and Ninjato.

"So, it's Primrose, right?" Natasha asked, the small Russian running her eyes up and down the woman. The spunky red head didn't understand why she had been given the job, this was well below her pay grade and the reason there was a whole division of hiring new recruits. Yet, it was Fury that had asked her to do this, and this chick must be worth it if he'd given it to a harsh marker.

The pink haired girl nodded coyly, bringing a hand up to tug back the pink strands from her face and into a bun at the back; two pointed ears sticking out. Strange fashion choice, but who was Natasha to judge. They weren't too dissimilar in builds or height, and she was sure this rookie had one hell of a kick. "Most people call me Rosie though; saves the confusion when they think they're going to meet a grandma."

Natasha barely smirked, just gazed at her. Her posture seemed great, her eyes too focused, and a sense of knowing upon her. There was something odd about her, something unusual in the way she looked; she couldn't tell if it was the ears or eyes or what. "Natasha Romanov; I'm surprised Fury assigned me to your case. It seems you've popped up out of nowhere." Rosie swallowed as Natasha continued to watch her, having seemed to already judge her as she shuffled on the spot, pulling the sleeves of her jumper further down her hands.

"Well, I've know Fury for a long time, I told him not to go easy on me." This time Natasha did smirk, nodding slightly as she glanced away from the newbie. Rosie had gut for sure, Natasha had a feeling they'd get on well. It surprised her that Fury knew her, she thought he wouldn't know anyone outside of S.H.I.E.L.D, threats, and the Avengers.

"So, we're gonna start with just some hand to hand combat; I want to see how hard you can throw a punch, how quick you can deflect, and your reflexes. Now, don't worry about anything; assume I'm your enemy." Rosie nodded, watching as Natasha shifted to a defensive position.

She did the same, stepping forward on her right foot; her right arm raising eversomore higher than her left. Natasha studied it for a moment before nodding. "Move your left leg back slightly, and lower your head just a fraction." Rosie followed, feeling slightly more comfortable in her stance. "Good, that's perfect."

Rosie wanted to beam, pride swelling in her chest from doing good and remembering the training Clint gave her those few years ago. "Try throwing a few jabs at me, use your weaker hand to land them on me, okay?" She nodded. "Don't worry about where you're going to land them, the aim of this is just to see how you pack a punch."