Chapter 62 Witch of Greed

Start from the beginning

"So you mean to tell me....."

"This was Wendy's choice. She wanted to live just a little longer for the things that people mostly take for granted. I can at least tell you this much. She didn't die with any regrets. After all, the person who took them all away....is you, Kyoya Fullbuster."

"Heh. Hahahaha!!! You're joking right? I didn't save her. Not even the slightest. She was right there in front of me and I did nothing but watch her die! How can trash like me be capable of saving anyone?!"

Echidna soon stood up as she walked towards Kyoya. When she stood in front of him, she rests both of her hands on his face as she began to speak.

"But you did, just not in the way you envisioned. To die with no regrets eating away at you, to have pleasant memories that you can always reflect on. Not many people can have that. You gave Wendy these things and more. In a way, you were her salvation."

As Echidna said this, Kyoya's body was beginning to fade away. Seeing this, Echidna smiled as she stepped away from him. She knew that since he finished the first trial and made it to her, then he didn't have long here. As Kyoya was waking up, she said one thing.

"Get stronger Kyoya Fullbuster, for your path is only going to get darker from here on out. Just the thought of what awaits the end of your path fills me with joy. After all, i'm the Witch of Greed. I wish to know all things. That includes on how you'll overcome your curse. I'm sure we'll meet after your final trial. I wonder what your feelings toward me will be like then."

~In the Sanctuary~ Before Kyoya could ask her what she meant, he suddenly woke up and saw that he was back at the Sanctuary

~In the Sanctuary~
Before Kyoya could ask her what she meant, he suddenly woke up and saw that he was back at the Sanctuary.  When he stepped outside, he didn't see anyone in the area. As he walks back into Sun Village, he went to Benimaru's home to get his broom.

"You should stay here, it's too dark out there. Plus you look exhausted."

When Kyoya turned around, he saw Benimaru. As the man looked at Kyoya, he motioned for the boy to sit next to him. When Kyoya sat down they both looked at the moon outside.

"So much has happened just because I wanted my home to be unfrozen. Thank you, ice ma-.....thank you, Kyoya. So then, how do you feel?"

When Benimaru asked that, Kyoya puts a hand to his own face. Kyoya thought about Wendy and the memories of his past that he had to sit through again. Soon he answered Benimaru's question.

"It's a terrible night for rain."

As Benimaru looked at Kyoya, he saw the boy crying in silence

As Benimaru looked at Kyoya, he saw the boy crying in silence. Soon Benimaru began to think about what Konro said to him a long time ago after his father's death.

"Beni, not all magic knights are bad. Like humans, there is good and evil amongst us all. Don't just assume everyone is evil."

"You're right Kyoya......it is a terrible night for rain."

~With Sally~
"Byakuran's really dead. But we got one of the magic stones so I guess it wasn't a complete waste."

As Sally said this, she was outside of the hideout for the Eye of the Midnight Sun. Suddenly she felt pain in her right eye. As this happened, she thought she felt the mana of someone else near her. However, when she turned around, she saw no one else near her.

"I guess it was my imagination."

~With Julius~
As Julius was now in the deepest part of a dungeon in the Kingdom, he began to think to himself as he was making his way to a certain cell.

"Mereoleona has returned and will be appointed as the temporary captain for the Crimson Lion Kings. I'm surprised she made it in time, considering the Star Festival is tomorrow. Not only that, Kyoya and the Golden Dawn completed the mission and brought another magic stone to our side. Now I just have one thing to take care of."

As Julius stood in front of a cell, the white owl that was around flew next to him. When it did, it began to speak to the Wizard King.

"It seems possessing that woman known as Sally was a good move. I'm glad I made a pact with her when Kyoya and the Black Bulls first encountered the Third Eye."

"So then, since you've returned that must mean you've succeeded."

"Kufufu. Of course, I kept my end of the deal Julius Novachrono. I've located the Eye of the Midnight Sun."

Julius smiled as he heard this news. He now has the location of where his enemies were. Now he had to find out exactly who to send in order to fight them. A smile appeared on his face as he knew how to do that while also keeping his end of the deal with Mukuro.

"Well then Mukuro, i'm a man of my word. You'll be on the battlefield with Kyoya and I have just the stage for it as well. Be sure to listen out in the Star Festival. Because it's a chance, that even you wouldn't want to miss."

The tragic past of Kyoya Fullbuster has been revealed along with the information of the Eye of the Midnight Sun's location thanks to Mukuro. Now the stage is about to be set on how to choose candidates for the big mission in the future. The page of Kyoya's path will soon take a dark turn.