Chapter 23

I could not sleep last night. I was nervous I was going to get married today. Early morning I had haldi ceremony with few family members present.

After taking bath I wore ny wedding clothes. Makeup artist came and did my makeup. I sat on that chair for few hours. I got ready in my wedding outfit.

Niyati came and helped me to wear my jewellery.

"You look beautiful. I will to miss you. Don't forget me after marriage." She said and started crying. She made me emotional.

"I don't want to leave you guys. I will not marry him. I can't stay away from you all." I said crying.

"Dont talk about not getting married I will ask Aarav to let you stay with us for few weeks every month. If he misses you he can stay with you at our place. Hey no crying your makeup will get spoiled." She said.

"He will let me visit my house." I asked.

"Yes why will he not? Don't even think I am going to spare you. I am going to ask each and every juicy details of tonight." She said. We started laughing.

"You girls are laughing here. Get ready fast. Baarat will come anytime now."

After sometime dad and Samar came to take me to wedding Mandap. Aarav relaxed a bit after seeing me. We exchanged garlands.

Panditji started the saying all wedding mantras. Mom dad tied knot of my dupatta with his shawl. Panditji asked us to get up to walk around holy fire to take Seven Vows (saat phere). Panditji asked to repeat after him.

The first vow “With God as our guide, let us take the first step to live with honor and respect each other. So we get food and nourishment”

The second vow “Let us share all happiness and sorrow in life to grow together in strength."

The third vow “Let us promises to stay faithful to each other and respect one another. So we get wealth and prosperity.”

The fourth vow “Let us pledge to always respect each other's families and take care of them."

The fifth vow “Let us  pray god to bless us with healthy children and provide them education, values, love and care.

The sixth vow "Let us pray for long healthy and peaceful life."

The seventh vow "We vow to be friends for life and stand by each other through thick and thin. To enrich this relationship with lots of love, trust and friendship."

"Now you both sit down." Panditji said.

Panditji picked up the mangalsutra and gave it to Aarav and said.
"This is mangalsutra it not only symbol of your union but it will protect you both from all the evil in this world. Tie it on her neck."
Aarav tied the mangalsutra on my neck.

Panditji picked sindoor (vermillion) box and passed it to Aarav and said "Fill her forehead with sindoor it is signifies her desire for your long life and prosperity and also her never dying love and devotion towards you." He took Sindoor and filled my forehead with it.

" You both now stand as husband and wife. Wish you a very happy marriaged life."

We went and took blessing of our family members. We had our lunch and after that we went to his room to get ready for Reception. Few minutes later Niyati came to help me get out my dress and jewellery.

"I am going to Reyansh's room. Niyati can you please pack Kiara's bag. We are going to Machan resort and we will go to house directly from there."

"Okay Jiju" She said to him and he left with his reception wear.

"So you guys are going to Machan. It's beautiful place I have heard. It has tree house and has mountain View. What you want me to pack for you?"