Could She Be?

Samantha's P.O.V.

As soon as I park my car in my usual place in front of my house, I take my keys and walk inside. Just as I take one step inside the door I immediately get punched in the face and I fall to the ground.
        "What the hell was that!" Derek yelled at me, furious. I just spit out blood that was in my mouth and laughed.
        "I was helping my friend not get caught turning into a werewolf on the middle of the lacrosse field. What did it look like I was doing? Getting ice cream?" I say sarcastically as I get back on my feet. I turn my back to Derek, but he just kicks me back down on the floor. "Oh, that's real sweet," I moan as I again stand back up. "You hit, my splinters."
        "And what about the bench in the locker room? How are you going to explain that to the principle tomorrow?"
        "Who ever said I was going to go to the principle tomorrow, hmm?" He didn't say anything. "Exactly." I grin at him. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going to take a shower."
        "Be more careful, or the deal is off and we leave." Derek threatens me.
        "Oh and Derek," I turn around to face him. "One more thing."
        "What?" He asks me, emotionless. I then punch him in the face making him fall over.
        "Don't ever hit me again," I growl at him as my red eyes glow bright. I then walk up to my room and immediately took a shower,  and changed into clean, non bloody clothes.

Scott's P.O.V.

I got home and crashed right on my bed immediately. 
        "Hey," my mom says to me as she leans against the door frame.
        "Hey," I mumble into the blanket back at her.
        "Late shift again for me, but I am taking Saturday off to see your first game." My mom happily says the last part.
        "No, Mom, you can't." I complain.
        "I can and I will." She walks closer to me. "Come on, one shift isn't going to break us, completely." She then looks at me concerned. "Hey what's wrong with your eyes?" She asks. I tilt my head up to look at her confused. "It looks like you haven't slept in days." She adds.
        "Oh it's nothing, just, stressed." I say tiredly.
        "Just stress? Nothing else?"
        "Homework," I add.
        "I mean, it's not like you're doing drugs or anything." My Mom laughs.
        "Right now?" I ask her confused.
        "Right now? I'm sorry, what do you mean right now? Have you ever taken drugs?" Mom says in a stern tone.
        "Have you?" I ask her, obviously in a tired tone. She just looks at me, completely stunned, and speechless. She gets to the door and then turns around just before she leaves saying, "Get some sleep." I listen to her walk down the stairs, then get in her car and drive to work. It's weird how I can hear so good, I don't think I'm ever going to get used to it. Sam said earlier today that I should embrace it, my 'gift'. She talked about it like she knew what I was going through, but then she quickly said, "I know because my whole family were werewolves." I'm starting to wonder, could Sam really be one, a werewolf I mean? She seems to know the feeling of turning, the pulse rising, and everything else a little more than a human should. I quickly brushed that though aside, thinking it was impossible that she could be one. I then hear my computer beep, notifying me I have a video chat waiting. I walk over to my computer to see Sam and Stiles have requested a video chat. I accepted both and we did a three-way video chat.
        "Hi Scotty!" Sam happily says, with that huge smile on her face that I love so much. I couldn't help but smile back. Then just as Stiles's view finally popped up, he was shooting a toy gun at the screen.
        "Hey what did you find out? About Jackson I mean." I ask the two of them.
        "Well Jackson's got a separated shoulder." Stiles answers me.
        "That he well deserved," Sam chuckles as she takes a drink of her smart water.
        "Because of me?" I exclaim.
        "Scott, you are a werewolf with supernatural strength and you just plowed him over!" Sam demonstrates with her hands, still laughing. "What did you think was going to happen?"
        "Or it's because Jackson is a total tool." Stiles says.
        "Thank you Stiles, for finally seeing how much of jerk he is!" Sam exclaims.
        "But is he going to play Saturday?" I ask them loudly to get their attention.
        "Well I haven't figured that out yet." Stiles answers. "Now they're just counting on you for Saturday." All I could do was moan in frustration.
        "Oh no," Sam says. Stiles has his mouth wide open in fear as he tries typing something out, but stops mid sentence. Sam's screen already froze up.
        "It looks like what?" I ask them. I bang on the keyboard, trying to get something to work.
        "Someone's behind you." The rest of Stiles's message read.
        "What?" I ask as I enlarge my screen. My eyes open wide in fear as I realize, there was somebody standing behind me. "Ah!" I yell as the stranger pulls me back and pins my face against the wall.
        "I saw you on the field!" Derek hisses right in my ear, angered.
        "What are you talking about?" I yell at him.
        "You shifted in front of them! If they find out what you are, they find out about me, about all of us! And it isn't just the hunters after us, it's everyone."
        "They didn't see anything, I s-swear!" I stutter.
        "And they won't. Because if you even try to play in that game Saturday, I'll kill you myself." Derek threatens. Then he suddenly disappears out of no where. I just slide my back down the wall to a sitting position, my pulse still racing.
        "Scott!" Stiles yells through the computer screen. I walk back over to the computer screen and notice Sam's screen disappeared.
        "Where'd Sam," but I stopped mid sentence. I heard her voice, right outside. I walk over to my window while Stiles continues yelling my name.
        "Derek!" Sam yells. I get over to my window and I see Derek and Sam by the tree line. "What the hell was that!" She yells at him again, furious.
        "He shifted in front of them, and you think no one noticed?" He answers her.
        "That doesn't mean you need to threaten to kill him." She lowers her voice. "I had it all handled."
        "And you think being tackled into a bench is called, handled?" He crosses his arms at her.
        "I'm fine Derek! I healed, they didn't suspect a thing!" She raises her voice again. Sam then looks at him, like she figured something out. "You're not following Scott, are you? You're following me. You don't think I can't keep my secret, do you?"
        "I didn't say," but Sam interrupts him.
        "No, you think I can't control Scott, and keep my secret at the same time."
        "I'm making sure you keep your end of the deal. You keep your secret, we stay in Beacon Hills."
        "I can, and you just need to trust me. It's not like I'm going to tell them, hey i'm a freaking werewolf guys! Surprise!"
        "Don't even say that, you know his house is right there." Derek warns her.
        "Scott can't control his hearing that well, he just turned. He can't hear what we're saying."
        "We are discussing the rest of this conversation at home. Now go home, I'll follow."
         "Fine." She crosses her arms. "But don't you dare threaten to kill him again or I swear to god I will kill you!" Derek tries to grab her arm, but she quickly catches his wrist and twists it, making him fall to his knees in pain. She lets go of him and turns away, but turns to face him one more time. "And stop breaking into his house. It's only okay when I do it." Just like that, she walks away, back to her house. Derek gets back up to his feet, holding his wrist, and follows her back home.
        "Scott!" Stiles yells again, this time I actually walk back over to the computer. "About time you answer me! What happened?"
        "Stiles, I'll talk to you tomorrow." I say as I close his screen. I just sit in my desk chair, completely speechless. "Oh my God," was the only thing I could say as I get swallowed up in my thoughts.

*The Next Day* 
Samantha's P.O.V.

I woke up, breathing heavily, like I do every morning. All because of the same nightmare that haunts me, and will continue to haunt me for the rest of my life. So I got up, before I fell asleep again. I stayed in the same clothes I changed into last night, because I was just too comfy. I walked downstairs, out to start my car, and threw my bag in the back of my car and drove to school.  When I stepped out, I grabbed my bag from the backseat and saw Scott and Stiles talking by Stiles's jeep. I just smile and wave at them as I walk over there, but they don't wave back. They turn back towards each other, whispering to each other. I decide not to tune into their conversation, only for the fact that they are probably going to tell me as soon as I ask them. I get up to them and they have already stopped talking.
        "Hi," I say loudly to get their attention. "What were you guys talking about?" I ask them curious.
        "H-hi Sam," Stiles stutters.
        "Relax Stiles, I don't bite, hard," I laugh. Scott and Stiles just laugh nervously. "Guys seriously!" I exclaim. "What's going on?!"
        "Hey, umm, I almost forgot. Sorry about the whole deal yesterday." Scott apologizes to me.
        "It's fine Scott, it healed." I smile at him. The guys look at me confused. "Wow, this is why I needed my coffee this morning." I laugh. "I mean it will heal. Besides, I've suffered through worse than a few splinters."
        "Like wh," but Scott never got to finish his sentence. The bell rang just as he was about to ask.
        "Come on guys," I smile at them as I gesture for them to follow. They then catch up to me and we walk together inside to our first hour class. During first hour, Scott and Stiles were acting very strange. It was mostly Scott though. First he scratched me with his pencil, making me bleed, and claimed it was on accident, but his pulse spiked proving he was lying. Scott was trying to get my secret out of me. It's a good thing I've learned how to not heal on purpose, therefore keeping my secret for a few more hours. Then the rest of the day, he kept doing even more things, such as during 6th hour in particular. He was handing me an empty beaker, then he squeezed it so hard, making it break into pieces. Let's just say two more names were added to Mr. Harris's detention list. I wasn't too happy about that. By the last hour of the day, which was free period, I had my palm bandaged up from all the times Scott tried to see me heal. So there we were, sitting in Mr. Harris's room during our free period.
        "Hey I'm sorry." Scott apologized to me sincerely, quiet enough so Mr. Harris wouldn't hear. We weren't supposed to talk, even though it was just the two of us and Mr. Harris in the room.
        "Yeah you better be sorry," I answer to him. "What was up with you today anyway? You kept saying it was all an accident and crap like that, but I know it wasn't. What were you trying to prove?"        
        "I, well Stiles was putting this crazy plan into my head and I was stupid enough to try and do it. It turns out we were both wrong, and I just wanted to say that, I'm sorry."
        "Do you want to add an extra hour onto your detention?" Mr Harris threatened us.
        "No," Scott and I answer at the same time.
        "Scott, if you wanted to know something, you could have just asked me. And I know what you are trying to get out of me, and I'm just telling you now. I'm not what you guys think I am. I've already answered this. Derek and I made a deal, I'm not supposed to draw attention to myself, or him most importantly. A secret like that is too dangerous to slip out. I can't expose his secret by my stupid big mouth not shutting up." I chuckle quietly.
        "I just kind of thought you were one, and I was hurt that you didn't tell me. I thought you would tell me everything."
        "Scott, if I were a werewolf, and I was allowed to tell you even, you would be the first I would tell." I say as I look him straight in the eyes and I grab his hand. He just smiles up at me.
        "Times up, you can leave now." Mr. Harris said annoyed. We quickly jump out of our seats and bolt out of his room. God I really hate that room, it's too dang depressing. The only good thing is that, whenever I am in there, Scott always seems to be in there with me, which is the best part about that room.