Moonlight Bite

Fire. Fire was all I could see as I  finally caught site of my home. The tears came pouring down my face before I could even say anything at all. I immediately ran as fast as my legs could take me, closer to the house engulfed in flames. Screaming was all I could hear above all, above the sound of the roaring flames. The intensifying heat from the flames washed over me as I ran into the burning house. "Help!" Screamed terrified, trapped, people from inside the burning rooms. I was suddenly swept up off my feet and carried outside the house. I fought and struggled, screaming for my brother to let me go. I had to help, I needed to help, but his arms told me no as he ran me further and further away from the house. The tears continued down my face as I screamed and screamed. My brother continued to run, it was as if running was all he could do, taking me with him further and further away from our family who were trapped inside our burning home. "Mom!" I screamed for the final time, as tears continued to flow down my face.

        I shot up from my bed immediately, breathing heavily. Still feeling the excruciating heat from the flames, as if I were there, but that was two years ago. I rubbed my face with my hands, waking myself up from the same, horrible nightmare that has haunted me every night for the past two years. I walk over to my bathroom and splash cool water on my face. "It was just a nightmare," I say as I stare at myself in the mirror.  "Just a nightmare." Suddenly, I hear my phone vibrating on my little black nightstand that is next to my messed up bed. I hadn't even realized I was tossing and turning during my dream. I walk over to my phone to see that Scott was calling me, of course I pick it up and answer the call.
        "Thank God you called," I chuckle as I run my hand through my messy, brown hair.
        "Is everything alright?" Scott concernedly asked me.
        "Yeah, just a nightmare,the same nightmare as always," I mumble. "But everything's fine now, anyway, what's up?"
        "Oh, I was just wondering," but Scott never got the time to finish as I finished his sentence saying,
        "If I would come over? That sounds great."
        "Great! I'll see you in a few minutes than?"
        "Yeah, I just have to slip on my shoes real quick and I'll be on my way over."
        "See you soon," Scott says right before I end the call. 
I was already dressed, one of my weird habits, never sleeping in actual pajamas like normal people. The truth was, I wasn't normal, I have never been. Plus, considering the fact that I am a werewolf, that was definitely not of the ordinary. No one knows about my little secret except my brother, Derek. He told me it wasn't safe for other people to know about my condition, even my best friends. Quickly snapping out of my deep though I slipped on my sneakers, swiped my keys off the nightstand, and was on my way to Scott's house.
        I never listened to the radio anymore. I found it quite annoying replaying the same exact songs continuously, songs that I don't even like. I just jammed my ear buds in my ears and clicked play on the song, Thank You by MKTO. When the song ended, I had just pulled in front of Scott's house. His mom must be at work because their car wasn't parked out front. His mom was a nurse, and was pretty much at work all the time. His dad on the other hand, he had ran out on him and his mom, but that's not my business of exactly why. I put on my parking break, and stepped out of my car, and finally walked in. "Of course the door is locked," I laugh as I remove my hand from the door knob.  I walk around to the side of his house to see him through his second story bedroom window. I toss a small pebble at the window to get his attention, and he opens the window right away.
        "Hey genius! You're door is locked. Let me in!" I yell at him, and he immediately heads downstairs. I hear the click of the lock unlocking and I walk through the door.
        "Lock the door again please." Scott asks me as he heads back up to his room. I do as he asks and lock the door just before I head up to his room as well.
        "So Scott, any particular reason you wanted me to come over this fine evening?" I laugh as I sprawl out on his bed next to him.
        "I hadn't seen you all day so I was wondering if anything was up with you."
        "Well I'm touched," I smile at him. Out of nowhere Scott has this dismayed look on his face. "What is it?" I ask him seriously.
        "I just heard something." He says as he walks to his door and grabs his baseball out. "I'm going to go check it out."
        "Scott it's probably nothing!" I yell as I run after him. We quietly creep on his front porch, Scott ready to swing with the baseball bat. Stiles appears out of nowhere hanging from the porch roof screaming,
        "Woah!" While he waves his arms to try to get Scott not to swing.
        "Jesus Stiles!" I laugh loudly as I punch his arm. "You gave me a freaking heart attack!"
        "Stiles what the hell are you doing?!" Scott yells at him.
        "You weren't answering your phone! And why do you have a bat?!" Stiles yells at him.
        "I thought you were a predator!" Scott yells back at him while he lowers the bat.
        "I'll take that, I actually know how this works," I say as I grab the bat from Scott. 
        "A predator?? Look I know it's late, but you got to hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called, they're bringing in every officer from the Beacon department, even state police." Stiles says stuffy, he was hanging upside down, it only makes sense of why he sounds that way.
        "Oo! Sounds juicy! What for?" I say excitedly.
        "Two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles says, and than jumps down from the porch roof to his feet.
        "A dead body?" Scott asks, quite stupidly I believe.
        "No, a body of water. Yes dumb ass a dead body!" Stiles replies back sarcastically.
        "What else would get Stiles so happy?" I laugh at Scott. "Murder always get's people in a happy mood." Scott gives me a freaked out look just then. "For some people! God just look at Stiles, he gets just as excited as I do."
        "No one knows if it's murder. Just that it was a girl's body found, somewhere probably in her twenties." Stiles answers my question.
        "Wait hold on. If they already found the body, then what are they looking for?" Scott asks. Stiles happily jumps as he says,
        "That's the best part! They only found half." Stiles just smirks completely silly at Scott and I.
        "What are we waiting for!?" I exclaim. "Let's get going."