First Day Of School

Morning came too soon, it really did. It was probably 2 a.m. by the time Scott and I got back to his house. I fell asleep right away, but I felt like I didn't even get any sleep at all. Like every time I close my eyes, I think about that day, the day of when I watched my almost entire family burn. There were 11 people trapped in that burning house, only one made it out, my Uncle Peter. He hasn't spoken a word to anyone since that day, he just sits in his wheelchair, frozen, not moving anything, staring. 
        The sunlight beamed right in my eyes, making me raise my hand to shield my eyes from the bright sunlight. I looked over at Scott who was laying next to me, he was fast asleep, still in his clothes from last night. I looked down at my clothes and notice I was wearing the same thing as last night too, the same muddy, and quite bloody clothes.
        "Scott, it's time to get up." I whisper to him as I nudge him.
        "What time is it?" He asks me while yawning.
        "7:30," I answer his question. "I need to get a change of clothes at my house, and I suppose shower." 
        "I'll drive you," He leans up tiredly, yawning again.
        "No, you stay and get ready." I say as I place my hand on his shoulder, keeping him sitting on the bed. "I will pick you up at 8, and you better be ready."
        "Alright, but are you okay though? Cause well, last night." He turns to look at me.
        "Yeah, I'm just fine." I flash him a smile right before I walk out to head to my car. As soon as I got into my car, I arrived back at my house and ran inside to shower and change into some actual clean clothes.

        I was all showered and changed by 7:50 which gave me plenty of time to drive to pick up Scott so we could head to school. First day, yay! I was not looking forward to today, at all. This was my first day back at school in Beacon Hills, because of Derek's courageous decision to take me away from Beacon Hills for two years. Before I left to pick up Scott, I peeked into Derek's room to find him fast asleep in his bed. I didn't think he was home, but I guess I was wrong. I then left and was at Scott's by exactly 8 o clock, perfect timing. Instead of walking in, I just sat in my car and honked the horn a few times, signaling I was outside waiting for him. About five minutes later Scott finally came running out and got into the passenger seat.
        "Hey, I told Stiles about your little injury last night." I told Scott when we got out of the car in the school parking lot. Stiles was waiting for us, leaned up against his jeep. Scott and I make our way over to Stiles, because I could already tell he had questions for us.
        "Alright, lets see this thing." Stiles says to Scott as Scott lifts up his shirt showing a huge gauze pad on his side.
        "Oo!" Stiles cringes. He then tries to touch it, but I slap his hand away in an instant.
        "Don't touch it idiot!" I laugh.
        "I'm pretty sure it was  wolf bit me." Scott says as he adjusts his bag strap on his shoulder.
        "A wolf bit you?" Stiles questions him. "No way dude."
        "Well I heard a wolf howling."
        "No Scott, you didn't."
        "How do you know what I heard?" Scott argues with Stiles.
        "Ladies, you're both pretty, now stop bickering. Did anyone have the idea to ask me what I heard? Because I heard a wolf howl too."
        "Wolves haven't been in California for like 60 years now." Stiles tells us.
        "Really?" Scott says in disbelief.
        "Yes really." Stiles says confidently. 
        "Wrong," I mumble to myself.
        "Well okay fine, if you don't believe me about the wolf, you definitely  won't believe me when I told you, we found the body." Scott whispers.
        "Really?!" Stiles jumps up excitedly.
        "I swear I'm going to have nightmares for a month." Scott says to Stiles.
        "Come on Scott, it just scared you for a second. It's not going to haunt you. Trust me, I've seen worse." I say as I pat his shoulder.
        "This is seriously going to be the best thing that happened to this town since," but Stiles trails off when he sees Lydia walking past us, "Since the birth of Lydia Martin. Hey Lydia, it looks like you're, going to ignore me." Stiles stomps his foot a couple times, then turns to Scott. "You know what, you're the cause of this. Bringing me down to your nerd depths."
        "Stiles, really? It is just you, Scott had nothing to do with the fact that you are not popular." I laugh as Scott and I make our way inside. Stiles doesn't say another word, and just starts following us.