Talk With Derek

Scott's P.O.V.

Work sucked without Sam there. Whenever we worked together, we would always get things done in half the time, then we would just mess around. Even though she had to leave, for a reason I would get out of her later, I still managed to get the things I needed done just before I was supposed to be done. When I got finished with everything, I checked my phone and noticed that I still hadn't gotten a response from Sam when I texted her five minutes ago to pick me up. I called her, and it went straight to voice mail. Calling again, I hung up right away realizing that her phone was broken from last night, and she obviously didn't have one at the moment. So, I called Stiles and asked him to give me a ride to Sam's. Of course, he agreed and was here in just a few minutes. I got in, and there was no cheerful hello or stupid joke from Stiles. Something was wrong.
"Stiles, what's up?" I asked him. Stiles didn't answer my question. He pulled his car out of park and started driving. "Stiles." I asked more concerned than the first time.
"Yo S-Scott." He stuttered, refusing to look me in the eye.
"What happened Stiles?" I repeated myself again.
"So, I got this text from Sam just like ten minutes ago saying to come over, and of course I was like, sure I'll head over there! So, I got in my jeep and drove over there, I was listening to just a bunch of Lady Gaga on the way over. I don't even know why! Every channel was playing her. I was starting to go crazy!"
"Stiles! Get to the important part." I exclaimed at him, interrupting him from the stupid, pointless details.
"Scott," he exhaled loudly, taking a quick glance at me. "When I got there her car was just wrecked and the door was kicked open."
"Well did you go in?!" I yelled at him, beginning to feel the anger rising in me quickly.
"I was too afraid to Scott! Whoever, or whatever did that is a lot stronger than me! What if it was still in there?" He exclaimed back.
"What if Sam was still in there?!"
"Well I was waiting for you! Which you perfectly called just as I was needing you! Why else do you think I'm speeding right now?" I looked at his speedometer and he was right, he was going nearly 80 mph in a 50 mph zone.
"Drive faster Stiles." I said, with my voice shaking. And he did. He pressed his foot on the gas and went sped faster towards Sam's place. We arrived there in just a couple minutes, and when we finally caught sight of her house, we saw a very angry Sam kicking her car yelling,
"Dammit!" She kicked it again, leaving a huge dent on the front. Stiles hit his breaks, and I ran out and ran to her. She looked up at me, and I just pulled her into a huge hug, and she hugged me back tightly. "I'm so sorry I didn't pick you up, I took a nap, then was woken up to a horrible screeching sound and the door being kicked in. I ran downstairs to figure out what it was and I saw the Alpha in my doorway, so I just ran after it into the woods. And I lost track of time, and I forgot to pick you up." She exhaled loudly after the last word.
"I'm just so glad you're alright." I said to her, still hugging her. Stiles finally walked up to us and Sam pulled out of my hug and walked towards him.
"What the hell was the Alpha doing here?" Stiles said as he hugged Sam, and she hugged him back.
"I have no idea. But I swear to God I will rip his throat out with a chainsaw after what he just did to my car." She furiously answered him. We all looked at her car, and the whole hood covering the engine was dented in majorly and was ripped almost all the way off. Also all the windows were shattered and the roof of the car was dented in as well.
"Damn." Was all Stiles said in shock. Sam exhaled softly and ran her hands through her hair, that was in small curls. It was gorgeous. "At least he didn't wreck the tires. I just bought these babies last week." Sam says, making me snap out of thought. Stiles just lets out a small chuckle, which makes Sam and I grin. Then soon following that, we all just burst out laughing for about two minutes. Sam wipes a tear from her cheek from laughing so hard as she slowly stops laughing. "I am so glad that I can laugh about this kind of thing. Because I know the Alpha will be dead after what he just did."
"He's going to be dead from not wrecking your new tires?" Stiles chuckles one last time.
"You're such an idiot, but I love you for that." Sam says as she pulls out her wallet inside her wrecked car. She grabs a ten dollar bill and says, "Here. Thanks for picking Scott up for me," as she hands it to Stiles.
"No, I can't take this. You're going to need it a lot more than I do," he says to her, while gesturing to her car.
"Really, Stiles. It's fine. I've got more than enough to fix it. Just take it." She says as she forcefully pushes the ten dollar bill in his front pocket. Just then, we see a black Chevrolet camero pull into the driveway. Derek just got here.
"Yeah." Stiles says slowly as he starts to back up. "I'm gonna go." Then he just runs to his car, and almost trips on the way. At the same time Stiles pulls out of the driveway, Derek gets out of his car and asks, "What happened here?" In an aggravated tone.
"The Alpha. That's what happened." Sam crosses her arms.
"Well did you catch him?" He asks her.
"No. Because I'm just a slow freaking human that can catch an Alpha in his monster form." She says annoyed. "Can we talk about this later? You promised Scott answers."
"I promised you answers. Not Scott." He turns to me, and I just was about to turn and walk away, but Sam put her hand on my shoulder and gave a small smile. "If i'm going to give you answers, Scott, you need to first tell me why you need them."
"Sam, can I talk to Derek alone for a minute, please." I look her straight in the eyes as I ask her.
"Sure thing," she smiles. "I'll just be up in my room."
"Thanks," I said as she walked through the wide open doorway and up the stairs. I watched her until she rounded the corner and into her room.