Infection?

"I don't-I don't know what it was. It's like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing. I hear stuff I shouldn't be hearing. Smell things!" Scott says to Stiles and I as we all are trekking through the woods.
        "Smell things? Like what?" Stiles chuckles.
        "Like, the mint mojito gum in your pocket." Scott answers Stiles's question.
        "I don't even have any mint mojito," Stiles then stops what he is saying, because he finds the gum in his pocket, just like Scott said. Scott just holds his arms out to show Stiles, he proved him wrong.
        "So all this started with the bite?" Stiles continues walking after Scott.
        "Well what if it's like some sort of infection? My body's flooding with adrenalin before I go into shock or something."
        "I bet you wish it was just an infection," I mumble as I duck under a branch.
        "What?" Scott asks me.
        "Nothing," I say, failing to answer him. "Anyway Stiles, you got any idea what it is?"  I say in a jokingly voice.
        "Yeah, actually. It's a specific kind of infection." Stiles says as he stops walking.
        "Go ahead Stiles, tell him your crazy messed up theory." I say, grinning at Stiles.
        "I think it's called, Lycanthrope."
        "What's that, is that bad?" Scott exclaims, in a worried voice.
        "Oh my God, Scott you need to read more." I just laugh. "And oh Scott! It's just the worst! It happens once a month, the true side affects."
        "Once a month?" Scott asks curiously. Then Stiles and I, at the same time, howl like a wolf. Scott just punches Stiles and continues walking.
        "Oh come on Scott! Take a joke," Stiles laughs.
        "It's not funny, there could be something seriously wrong with me!" Scott exclaims.
        "Yeah, you're a werewolf! Grr!" Stiles jokes around. "But it you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's cause Friday's a full moon."
          "Scott, just don't worry about it, you're going to be just fine, alright? It's probably nothing anyway." I try to sound convincing, and it looks like it works. Again, Scott stops walking and looks at the ground confused.
        "I swear it was right here. The deer came at us, we found the body, and I dropped my inhaler." Scott kneels down on the ground, throwing a few leaves. I smell someone else's scent, someone must have moved the body last night, and I think I know who.
        "Someone must have moved the body," I say aloud. "That's the only explanation."
        "You mean to say the killer came back to move the body?" Stiles questions me.
        "Yes, genius, that's what I just said. Do you have any explanation?"
        "I hope I didn't lose my inhaler. Those things are like 80 bucks." Scott changes the subject, as he stands back up. Then Derek appears out of no where in front of us.
        "Jesus!" I scream. "Derek, you scared the crap out of me!" I laugh as I try to control my heart rate.
        "What are they doing here?" Derek points to Scott and Stiles.
        "They're my best friends, why wouldn't they be here?" I reply.
        "What are they doing here?" Derek asks again.
        "We're looking for Scott's," but before I could finish, Derek throws Scott's inhaler at him and he catches it. "Well, we were looking for that. Thanks brother."
        "Can I talk to you for a minute?" Derek asks me in a serious tone.
        "What were you just doing?" Stiles butts into the conversation. Derek just gives him a cold glare.
        "Now?" I complain. Derek just walks up to me and grabs my arm. "Yeah, okay, I get it, now." I state the obvious. "I'll talk to you guys later!" I wave with my free hand to the boys. As soon as we see the boys are obviously gone, I yell at Derek,
        "Derek what the hell!" 
        "What were you doing in the woods last night? I thought you were at home!"
        "I was at home, I woke up almost having a freaking panic attack from that same nightmare I have every single time I close my eyes. I couldn't sleep so Stiles has this brilliant idea to go looking for a body."
        "So you listen to him?!" Derek yells at me.
        "Yes I listen to him! How was I supposed to know the Alpha was out there?"
        "You know it has been around here for months. I told you to be careful, but you went mindlessly into those woods and Scott was bitten because of you. It's all your fault!" Derek yells at me. I just froze up, completely speechless. I felt my eyes burn up with tears coming, but I wasn't going to cry.  I just turned away and walked a few steps.
        "Don't you think I know that?" I whisper, staring at the ground.
        "What?" Derek questions me.
        "Don't you think I know that?!" I turn to face him and yell so he can hear me. "Don't you think I know that Scott getting bit was all my fault!? Because it is! And I will blame myself every single day for the rest of my life for not pushing him up the hill instead of running up without him! But I'm not going to just sit around and do nothing about it, feeling so freaking sorry for myself. I'm going take responsibility for my actions and and make sure that he is safe! Because I love Scott so much, and I would die if anything ever happened to him!" I then exhale loudly and sit down on the ground. "Derek, I just can't let anything happen to him." I whisper again. Derek then kneels down beside me and says in a serious tone,
        "And I won't let anything happen to him. I'll protect him, for you, I promise." I look Derek in the eyes and smile. He stands back up and offers me a hand and helps me up. "Go on, get back home. The woods will be here tomorrow."
        "Yes sir," I jokingly salute him.
        "Just get home," Derek says in a more serious tone, pointing the way home.
        "I'm going!" I laugh as I start running towards home. It only takes me about ten minutes to make it home, wow I hadn't realized how fast I was actually running. One of the great things about being an alpha, I can run like one, faster than any kind of werewolf. Yes, I'm an alpha hunting another alpha, it sounds weird, but what can I do about that? The alpha has already murdered someone, and I'm not going to let him murder another person. I then got in the shower, turned on my waterproof blue-tooth speaker to the song Soldier by Gavin Degraw, and just let the hot water flow through my hair. After a little bit, I hear my phone ring. So I quickly get out of the shower, wrap a towel around me and walk over to my phone and answer it.
        "Hello." I say as soon as I answer the call.
        "Sam, there's something wrong with the cats." Scott says terrified.
        "Are you working tonight?" I ask him.
        "Yes. I walked in carrying the cat food and they just started to freak out and hiss at me!"
        "Did you ever think to yourself that maybe the cats don't like you?" I laugh as I grab my clothes.
        "I'm being serious!" Scott exclaims.
        "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. This isn't a joking matter." I say seriously. "Do you want me to head over there?"
        "Yeah, just hurry please. It's really starting to freak," but Scott stops mid sentence.
        "Scott? Dude you still with me?" I ask.
        "Someone's at the door," he says slowly.
        "Scott just answer the door, see who it is. Just don't!" But Scott interrupts me by hanging up the phone. "Hang up the phone." I finish my sentence frustrated. "Ugh!" I complain as I put on my clothes fast and gather up my keys to head to the animal clinic.

My Bedroom

        By the time I get to the animal clinic, it had already been pouring rain for about a half hour now, and there was a car parked out front. I swear I knew that car, but I just couldn't think of who drove it. So I let the thought slip my mind and I walked up to the front door, grabbed my keys, unlocking the door and walked in. I heard two heartbeat, one of them was obviously Scott's, and the other was probably the driver of the other car. As soon as I walked into the room where I assumed Scott would be, I just froze in my place, speechless. Allison was there, hair soaked, and in one of Scott's shirts. There was also a dog on the table, with a new split applied onto its leg.
        "Here, let me get it," Scott says in a soft voice, brushing off something from Allison's cheek.
        "Looks like you aren't really freaking out," I announce, showing that I was obviously in the room.
        "Sam! Hey, I was just," but I don't let Scott finish.
        "Applying a simple splint," I say as I walk next to the table with the dog on it and start petting her. "Cute dog by the way."
        "I swear it was an accident, the dog came out of nowhere, I couldn't see clearly through the rain, and I just hit it. So I panicked and took the dog here." Allison says to me.
        "Wow you jerk!" I laugh sarcastically. "At least you did something. Most people can't think straight under stress or pressure. I know I probably would have cried, but! Anyway, I'm gonna go, it looks like you aren't having any issues with the cats anymore." I start turning away from them, headed for the door.
        "No stay, I'll go." Allison starts walking out.
        "I'll walk you out to your car," Scott offers, and starts walking with her.
        "Okay, just leave me in here." I say to myself. So instead of doing nothing, I walk over to the room with the cats and open the door. Immediately they start hissing at me and I just laugh. I gently tap on a few of the cages, and the cats try to claw me. 
        "They do that to you too?" Scott cautiously walks in, avoiding the cages.
        "I am not a big cat fan, and obviously cats aren't a fan of me!" I laugh. "This is why Deaton lets me get away with not taking care of the cats. He knows they do this to me EVERY time I walk in here." I point at the hissing cats.
        "I see now." Scott says quietly, while looking at the cats.
        "Come on dude, let's get out of here, and how about you tell me what's going on with you and Allison." I grin at Scott, as I link arms with him and we walk out of  the cat room, as I like to call it. As soon as we make our way to the room where the dog is, I immediately as him,"What's up with you and Allison? I want details!" I laugh.
        "What do you mean? Nothing's going on with us," Scott says to me.
        "Bull crap! You are such a horrible lier. It's alright to tell me, I won't judge."
        "Well I mean I kind of asked her to that party Friday, and she said yes." Scott nervously says.
        "Well good job Scott! Finally had the guts to stand up and say something to another girl besides me!"
        "I mean I kind of wanted to ask you, but I didn't think you would say yes."
        "Scott!" I exclaim. "I would have said yes in a heartbeat! You are my best friend, of course I would have said yes!"
        "I guess it's a little late now huh?" Scott nervously runs his hand through his hair.
        "Just save me a dance," I smile at him. "Come on, I'll give you a ride home. We can get your bike in the morning."