Chapter 46 - Maybe Doesn't Mean Yes Or No

REEEEEEE I'VE REACHED THE BREAKING POINTTTT THIS FANFIC IS BECOMING RUSSSSSHHHHHEEEDDD

-Sincerely, Your Friend, Lemon

_______________________________
Skeppy's P.O.V || • Wilbur's House •

"Could you kill George?"

     I was shocked at this question, but my face remained expressionless. Wilbur wanted me to kill someone? He asked me to kill someone? I couldn't believe it. I knew he was a little far gone seeing as he would help me, but I never thought he'd actually ask me to kill someone. And George too? I guess it makes sense though. Wilbur loves Dream but Dream loves George.

I thought to myself for a moment. Wilbur has done a lot for me. He helped me cover up Nick's murder, no one knows he's dead. And not only that but he even gave me an alibi, true or not, it's an alibi. It would be only just of me to do this for him. But... something about it... gave me a bad feeling. Something was off.

"Please..... no... not George... p-please!-"

I suddenly heard a voice say. Wilbur was now looking down, waiting for my response, so he didn't see my head immediately turn to the right, nor did he see my alarmed facial expression. 'Nick?' I thought.

I can't remember if I forgot to mention this or not, but, Nick's ghost looks exactly the way he died. Stab wounds all over, his clothes and skin covered in blood. It was some times nauseating to look at, but other times looking at it just made me feel proud.

Being all messed up like this and still being very enthusiastic, and annoying as hell, was a decent trait of his. He's always been able to look on the bright side of things, even in death. So his wounds and the blood on him never made him seem weak. He was strong minded.

But now....

He was on knees, looking up at me from the ground, holding his hands together. It looked as if he were praying. But he wasn't praying. He was pleading. He had tears in his eyes, he seemed so horribly worried. I could tell, that more than anything in the world, he didn't want me to hurt George. He didn't want me to hurt his best friend, well, one of them.

"Z-Zak... please!- I- I won't bother you anymore! Ever again! I'll help you get all good grades in school... I'll... I'll help you figure out how to get Darryl to like you!- Just- Just please... don't hurt him! Don't hurt George!" He pleaded.

I stared at him for a moment, then looked back at Wilbur. Feeling my gaze on him, Wilbur looked hot at me. I had come to my decision. Nick pleaded for a reason.

He knew I was going to say yes.

I was going to agree to kill George, I was going to say yes. I was going to get him out of Wilbur's way. Was.

I wanted to say yes. But, when I saw Nick plead and beg and cry some small amount of goodness I had left in me, made me change my answer. It wasn't the answer Nick would've liked. But it was better than saying yes.

"Maybe..." I started, "Maybe I'll kill him. Let me think about it for... a week or two at most." I finished. Wilbur smiled and nodded. He was satisfied with my answer. Although it wasn't a yes, it wasn't a no either.

Nick was also somewhat satisfied with my answer. Because although it wasn't a no, it wasn't a yes either.

With that, I left Wilbur's house. After a couple minutes of walking in silence I got back to my own, and immediately headed up stairs, into my room. I locked the door and sat on my bed.

Nick was slightly happy with me. I was going to say yes and he knew it. But he had convinced me not to agree immediately. He knew I had taken what he said into consideration. This made him happy.

I didn't like this. I didn't like feeling sympathy for the likes of Nick. But a small part of me did. A small part of me I didn't even know was there.

I pulled my necklace out from under my sweater, and looked down at it. The necklace, as you may know, has a keyhole inside of it. It's a locket. I don't know how a keyhole can fit into a small locket. But then again, I've seen more odd things than this. It was kind of like magic.

I can't open the locket. I don't have the key. It's a very special key. There's only one of it's kind, and I know who has the key. Who has the key. I know him. I don't like him. At all. The key, being as small as the locket, is used as an earring for him. He has his right, and only his right, ear pierced. He made the key into an earring. It's always with him, and no one can take it from him.

The locket. What's in the locket should've taken it away. It should've taken away my ability to care about most people by now. I shouldn't be able to feel any sort of sympathy for Nick. But maybe it's not all gone yet.

I do know something about the locket. I can't take it off. However, if I die, the locket's chain will break. By break, I mean disappear. It will disintegrate into nothingness. But the locket won't break. What's in the locket will be split in half. Half will remain trapped in the locket and the other half will go to lord knows where.

It'd be nice to have the chain disappear. To take this dumb locket off. But I can't. I'd have to die for that to happen, and I'm not particularly fond of dying. At least not know that I've met Darryl.

I sighed and stuck the locket back under my sweater, rolled into my side, and closed my eyes. I was tired, which I always was lately. But can you blame me? I got a lot on my mind.

I started to feel myself drift into unconsciousness. And just before I fell asleep a heard a familiar voice say,

"Heh... maybe doesn't mean yes or no."

_______________________________
I GOT OUT ANOTHER CHAPTER REEEEEE I DID ITTTTT- Yeeee- anyway enjoy this small amount of insight on Zak's necklace :D