Chapter 41 - What Is He Hiding?

Goodboyhalo and Jef :)

-Sincerely, Your Friend, Lemon

____________________________

Let's Time skip say..... one week. Zak has been suspiciously quiet, and distant from his friends recently. But why?

____________________________
BBH's P.O.V. || • Vincent's House •

It was a Saturday, and I decided to go to Vincent's house to hang out with him. But I also had questions I wanted to ask him. We both sat down on his bed and talked about things for a little while, but as I said before, I had questions to ask him.

"Hey.. Vincent.. can I ask you something..?" I asked. "You just did, but sure." He said, shrugging. "Well... Zak seems distant lately.. and at first I thought maybe he was going through something.. but after asking him about it he just seems... like he's hiding something. Do you think he is?" I asked. Vincent thought for a moment.

"Actually, he might be. He does make up really dumb excuses to stay home, and not hang out... and he's always been quiet when it comes to hiding something from people..." Vincent said. I nodded.

"Hey, maybe he's hiding something we can find off of the internet. He is on his phone a lot, he also has a YouTube channel he's only made just recently. He hasn't told us what it's called though." Vincent said, before getting up and walking over to his laptop. He grabbed his laptop and walked back over to his bed. He sat down my me so I could watch.

"Let's just look up his name and see if anything about him shows up, it's most likely his YouTube channel will at least." Vincent said as he typed in Zak's full name. And then up popped... articles. A lot of articles. We didn't know what they were about but they seemed to have his name and a picture of him, so we knew it was him.

We assumed all of the articles were about roughly the same thing, so we just clicked on the first one. It loaded very slowly, as if something didn't want us to know what was in the article. Vincent began to read the article aloud.

(Also I know Skeppy's last name but I don't really wanna put it here because this is like another universe type thing...)

"Zak [Insert Last name] is a boy who's story is rather odd. No one knows exactly what happened to the boy during the time of his disappearance, but we know he disappeared." Vincent read. "Disappearance?" I muttered quietly.

"What is known is that one day his family was outside during a meet up with family friends. Zak being the curious young child he was, wandered off. People say they saw him wander off into the forest near that town, and from that forest he never came back out of. Zak had gone missing for two years before someone found his slowly walking out of the woods seeming that he had been hurt, or in pain. When his parents finally saw him again they were very excited, but he wasn't the same boy they knew." Vincent added, clearly in shock. I was shocked as well.

"Zak went missing in a forest for two years?!" I exclaimed. "Apparently..." Vincent said, scrolling down the article, to read more.

"His parents said, 'When he first disappeared he was always happy, he was so loving and he had bright eyes that always showed excitement. But when he came back his eyes were dull, he became distant, and no matter how hard we tried we couldn't get him back to his happy self. He was never the same.' It was also reported that some times during his disappearance he developed the fear of being touched, also known as, haphephobia. His parents say he never had a problem with being touched, in fact he loved hugging people and never seemed to have a problem with people patting his shoulder, or poking him, or holding his hand. But when he returned he couldn't bare being touched. Whenever he was slightly touched he would hyperventilate. Whenever he was touched any more than a poke or a tap on the shoulder it would result in a panic attack. He refuses to tell anyone what happened in the forest, and we fear he never will." Vincent finished reading the article. We were both dumbfounded.

"Why.. why didn't you at least know this? You've known him for so long.." I said. Vincent rubbed the back of his neck. "I.. I don't know... this had to have been before we met.." He said in a worried tone. "Oh my goodness.. what do you think happened to him...?" I asked. Vincent didn't have his weird blindfold type thing on, but instead was wearing his glasses. His eyes were filled with worry, and concern. He finally spoke,

"I... I might have an idea..."

_______________________________
This is a REALLY short chapter but I just really want to get more into backstories because the one I gave Zak isssssss welllllll... pretty crazy, and pretty sad. I didn't even get to 1,000 words this chapter- NOT EVEN 900 D: