Chapter 25: I Hate it that He Needed to Drag Her

Page's POV

Again? Someone's calling again? Why the hell are these people so nosy? As I stare at the caller ID, I sense that bile rush up in my thought. It's the old man. Why is he calling? Is he also interested with the news? What's new when I'm being photographed with a girl anyway?

I wasn't able to stop from answering the phone, "Why?" My voice turns thick when I'm talking to him.

"Philippe!" He sounds so ecstatic. We're not really on good terms. The last time we spoke, he threatens to disown me from everything. I'm contemplating to hang up as he speaks, "I saw you with her! I saw you with my most successful business partner's daughter! Isn't she lovely? I want you to marry her! Anderson and I already talked about you as my son, marrying her daughter. Come home already, I know you like her. I know I'm making you a very good deal for the very first time my son!" I can imagine his face with his grinning expression. I want to punch him in the face to break his skull. I'm furious! I don't like him telling me what to do! I resent him so much! I nearly shatter my phone, but unconsciously, I threw it but it landed on the couch.

I urgently need a drink.

I'm on my second can of beer. I know I'm dizzy. My head is aching yet my anger is still at its peak. That old man already planned about a fixed-marriage? Him, deciding, commanding rather, that I should marry Kate? Why is he using her to etch in me that he's right at this point? I don't want to obey anything he wants me to do. "Why Kate? Why Kate? Why Kate?!!!!!!!!!" I can't stop myself from screaming. "I hate Kate! No, I like her! I hate her! I hate my father! Why Kate? Am I just being naïve? Is she right that it's just pity? Is it true that I'm just being sympathetic with her? Am I just misinterpreting my feelings of comfort and dependence as love for her mother-figure-actions when we were eight? Am I just really confused with what love is really all about? Right now, I don't want to love her, anymore. I hate my father and his decisions! I hate it that he needed to drag her into my pit  of  resentment!"

I grab my phone still on the beige couch, I'm being amazed how fast my fingers are typing word by word. I'm not expecting her to reply. This is a good thing though. I know this is what she wants, for us to be friends and nothing more. It was evident that she doesn't want to cross that line.

This day is filled with mishmash of emotions. I admitted that I like her several hours back. I even kissed her in her inexperienced lips and now, I'm throwing her away. The weirdest part is that i'm irritated now, I'm angry, I can sense hatred towards her.

That old man will never ever control me. He will never control me. He'll never ever have a say in whoever will i choose to end up with!

~End of Chapter 25~