Chapter 20: What Will I Do To Him?

Ken and Ulrich are checking out my home. Hindi ko alam kung anu-ano ang tumatakbo ngayon sa isip nila. Eh ano lang ba kase ang mga gamit dito sa bahay ko? I do collect ballpens, books, movies, scented candles, and not to forget my weird collections of Barbie dolls! Yup, I love Barbie dolls especially those from Europe. Sana hindi nila mapasok ang hidden room behind the gigantic "Noise of Serenity" painting. I'm afraid kung ano ang magiging reactions nila. Will they belittle me? Is my class degrading?

"Kate, can you suggest a book? I'll read it on the plane." Ken is holding Faking Normal by Courtney Stevens. I think, may interest siya sa book na iyon.

"That's an excellent book Ken. You can keep it." Hindi ko alam kung umabot ba sa auditory canal niya ang boses kong napakahina. Hindi pa rin ako tuluyang magaling kase, buti na lang andiyan sila.

"Oh lucky us!" Sumigaw si Ulrich. Oh my, nasaan ang privacy ko. Nahalungkat na yata nila lahat. Ooops, hawak niya ang poster ng band nilang "The Fantastic Sin Of The Real Leverage".

"Actually, I didn't know that you were those guys. You've changed, physically and I'm still observing what else did. It's obvious right? So," I'm trying to set a serious atmosphere for a serious conversation, "what now? This is a time for story-telling and we all have our own stories to tell."

Across the room, from the kitchen, "Why did you left? You. Go. First!"

Oh Page, on the dining table, nibbling broccoli like a king.

Lumapit sina Damian, Ken and Ulrich sa akin. They're literally surrounding me like a pack of wolves eyeing for their prey. Ang mas mabigat pa, ang aura ni Page nang lumapit na rin siya sa living room.

"Years back, my worst fear is losing you Kate and it's a shame on my part thinking it now at the present. Ironically at this moment, I really want to quench my curiosity why did you leave us just like that? Like we're just a bunch of your stuff toys in London? What triggered you to do that noble Kate?" He smirks at me and stroke s my hair and touches my cheeks. It's a very light touch just enough to be felt.

Wala akong masabi, alam kong galit siya. Ako'y naguguluhan dahil sa pagbalik ng mga ala-alang pilit ko nang kinalimutan. Si dad. Si dad na hindi ko na kilala. Si mom, matagal na nung last siyang tumawag para kumustahin ako.

"You're such a cry baby Hughes!" Page yelped.

Hindi ko mapigilang umiyak.

"Damian, ano ba 'tong nararamdaman ko? Feeling ko, may masamang nangyari? Feeling ko, wala akong kakampi. Hindi pa tumatawag si mom Damian, naguguluhan ako sa mga nangyayari Damian," at tuloy pa rin ang agos ng mga luha kong hindi ko na makontrol.

"Hey, Kate, speak in English, what's the matter?" Ken is worried.

Ulrich patted my back, "You look so wasted Kate. Where's the high-spirited Kate 9 years ago? We are here for you. Don't be like this, how can we go and continue our concert tour if you're being like this? Will we be able to leave you like this? Tomorrow is our scheduled departure Kate, let's all settle things out ."

I hug Ulrich tightly while continuously uttering "Ulrich" with sobs in between.

"We left London because my mom wants us to start a new life. She's emotionally hurt by my dad's affair with his first love. She knew what was inside of my mind when I was physically, emotionally, and mentally tortured by my father at an early age. When my dad lifted the use of his customized timetables, I thought that he'd changed but it wasn't the case. He was trying to figure out how I will behave on my own, it's like a science experiment. He wants me to conform perfectly to his wants. He's too manipulative to both of my mother and me. My mom also told me that my dad already have this plan of fixed-marriage between me and an anonymous man which my mom couldn't tolerate anymore leading her to devise our escape plan. She tried to hide me from my dad to protect me. She kept it all secret and it's that one night, I, myself, didn't know what was happening then, I was crying in the plane because I never had the chance to bid my farewells to my closest friends, to you all. I was so afraid because I know that my dad is powerful and there's this big probability that he will ultimately find us. I'm so thankful that after all these years, I managed to break out of his lair."

The room is quiet. Tumigil na rin ako sa pag-iyak. Lumabas si Page sa veranda, I don't know, maybe he'll gonna smoke again. I didn't expect Page to act this way. What will I do to him?

"What time is your departure tomorrow?" I asked.

"At 4 in the morning," Ken answered.

"I'm proud of what you've become Ken, and you too, Ulrich, and not to forget you too Damian!" I pulled them altogether in a group hug.

~End of Chapter 20~