Purab informed that he was living life of a nomad after Bulbul's death. He failed to feel at home anywhere and kept on moving from one place to another. "I heard that you are married", he said softly. Mehek shrugged and spoke unsurely "Divorced. A month back". Thankfully beside a soft nod, Purab didn't probe further. When Mehek got up to leave, he asked, "Won't you ask about Abhi?". Eventhough Mehek knew that Purab meant well, she got angry and replied strongly, "No". She wore her coat to leave, "It was nice meeting you, Purab".

As Mehek reached the door of the pub, Purab rushed to her side. "Can I have you phone number?", he sounded desperate. "Why??", Mehek was aghast. Part of her was afraid that he may give it to Abhi. "I didn't mean to startle you", he tried his best to look calm, "I...I...I thought may be...maybe we could go out for lunch or dinner some time". 

Mehek didn't know how to react. Purab is not longer the stoic businessman but a perfect gentleman. Yet she couldn't cast aside that this handsome man was ex-fiance of her culprit Aliyah and widower of her anchor Bulbul. The day she decided to take baby steps towards future, she was asked to take a giant leap. "I don't think it will be good idea, Mr Rai", she tried to avoid him. "Atleast tell me where I can find you", he seemed to be desperate, "Please, Mehek. I promise I won't trouble you". Mehek sighed and told him about her café. Atleast she didn't foresee any harm from it.

Mehek met Purab again as he visited her café next day. She was uneasy to befriend him since he was part of those days which she wanted to forget. Yet Purab eased himself into her life and quickly earned her friendship. He amused her with his good humour and amicable company. Purab never ever again mentioned about Abhi and she was happy that he understood her. It was clear,  he wanted to be her friend and only her present matters to them.

Mehek realised that he works as consultant for Khanna group yet never once he mentioned about Shaurya. Often she was tempted to ask him about Shaurya but she refrained. She wasn't sure whether news about Shaurya's happy married life with children will make her feel joyous or jealous. Besides, Purab also acted as if he didn't know Shaurya personally. 

Ajay was not so happy to have Purab but he already had his hands full. He rarely got time amidst wedding preparations. Mehek assured him that he had made her strong enough to take care of herself and he needn't worry. He wasn't convinced yet  gave in to Mehek's request.

Finally wedding day arrived. Purab kind of self-invited himself into Ajay's wedding. He attended as Mehek's plus one. Although it was improper, Ajay was happy to have Purab beside Mehek. Despite nature of their marriage, Mehek was afterall  his ex-wife in eye of public. Bride's side was hostile to Mehek while groom's side pitiful. Having a handsome guy as her date made it easier for Mehek to face those prejudiced eyes.

"I will be leaving tonight", Purab informed Mehek. The wedding has come to an end and couple had left for their honeymoon. Apart from few guests, none remained. Mehek had enjoyed his company but it wasn't fair to tell him that she will miss him. "So where to?", she asked with a smile. "Another place on this magical globe", he joked. When they were about to say goodbye, he held her hands, "You are good woman, Mehek". "I know", she waved at herself in humour. "Just like my Bulbul", his untimely comparison made her uncomfortable 

Purab laughed to ease her and spoke again, "When fate knocks at your door with good fortune, please don't turn it down in fear. It's your chance to be happy so don't shy away but grab it". Before Mehek could make sense of his words, he pecked her forehead. "I will send you a postcard from where ever I be", he promised her. "A call will be better , Mr Rai. We are in 21st century", Mehek mocked him as he walked away. Purab turned dramatically, "May be I will surprise you. One day when you least expect, I will barge in with a ring to propose you". Mehek laughed at his antics. She waved at him and wished him a safe trip.

It's been a week since the wedding. Mehek felt restless and apprehensive. She didn't know whether it was marriage of Ajay & Deniz or Purab's departure. All of a sudden, her life became empty and puzzled. She remained intrigued by Purab's advice to embrace her luck. He didn't breached boundary of friendship yet never failed to leave subtle gestures. It was strange coincidence that Purab, a fragment of her past appeared the day she had decided to sever herself from her past. 

Mehek looked at Anaya who was busy with her homework. She felt grateful that Anaya was left in her care until her parents return from honeymoon. Her sweet daughter kept her Ma sane. It was getting late and Mehek decided to shut the café. She wanted to spend quality time with her cutie pie.

A chiming sound indicated that another customer walked in late. But tonight, it frustrated Mehek. "Sorry, we are closed", she yelled without looking at the person. "I hope you can spare time for a cup of coffee", Mehek heard his request She froze  listening to the male voice and didn't turn to face him. It wasn't needed since she already recognized him.

Is it Abhi 😡or Purab ?  😎 Or is it Shaurya? 🤗 Whom do you want it to be? 😁