Half-Baked Ideas

---7:00, U.A. High School---
Y/n waved Shirohato away. He had insisted on walking with them to the exam to give them as much good luck as possible. They weren't sure how much good luck they actually got from that. Turning to the school and readjusting the bag on their shoulders, Y/n took a deep breath. They walked towards the school entrance, attempting to recall everything they reviewed over their break from school. Fighting strategies, biology, mathematics, anything to do with literature, it all seemed to disappear.

Y/n sighed, their breath visible in the cold air. They stared at it as long as it was visible, so far beyond their anxiety that they felt strangely calm. They didn't expect to care this much for the school, but for Hitomi and Shirohato, this was crucial.

Someone, extremely hunched over, stomped past Y/n.

Immediately irritated by his behavior, Y/n glared at him as he walked away. Maybe Y/n wasn't too different a few months ago, but they were still annoyed with his attitude. As the kid shoved past a slightly smaller boy, Y/n grew more annoyed. They were the kind of guy Y/n would fight.

The smaller boy he left behind then tripped over nothing. Another kid who saw him falling patted him on the back, and he began floating. Y/n pitied him. A defenseless kid having to be saved by someone else. They thought of Shirohato for a second, before shaking their head.

Deciding to let them sort themselves out, Y/n walked around them.

Y/n had more important problems, like trying to remember everything they've ever learned.
•••
---Overview, U.A. High Auditorium---
Y/n walked into the auditorium, raising their arms over their head to stretch thier back. They never thought much of their academic abilities, but they believed the written exam was easy if you didn't care enough. When they finally took in the sight of the large seating area, they were almost surprised, but everywhere was huge in this school making this extra auditorium less dramatic. They trudged up to their assigned seat, feeling awkward shuffling past a few other examinees. They sat down next to a boy with unruly hair standing up on its own. He noticed them and recognition shone in his eyes.

"Ah, it's you."

"Oh... You," they repeated, now realizing who he is.

They both refrained from mentioning their cruel middle school status, seemingly understanding how they didn't want to acknowledge that past. Not here. Not when they're trying to change it.

"Good luck," he said, giving them a tired smile.

"Thanks. And the same for you," they responded, grateful for this interaction with the only other kid from their school who could relate to their villainization.

"WELCOME TO TODAY'S LIVE PERFORMANCE!! EVERYBODY SAY 'HEY'!!" someone at the front of the auditorium yelled, or said. It was difficult to tell, as their voice was unnaturally loud. But in this world of Quirks, that might as well have been natural. Despite his call, the auditorium remained silent, most people busy processing his unnoticed entrance and what he said. Brushing past his ignored statement, he persisted, "WELL, THAT'S COOL, MY EXAMINEE LISTENERS!! I'M HERE TO PRESENT THE GUIDELINES OF YOUR PRACTICAL!! ARE YOU READY?!"

Once again attempting to hype them up he yelled, only to be met with silence. Again.

Once. Again. Ignoring the fact he was ignored, he moved on, "THIS IS HOW THE TEST WILL GO, SO LISTEN UP!! YOU'LL BE EXPERIENCING TEN-MINUTE-LONG 'MOCK CITYSCAPE MANEUVERS'!!" The screen behind him turned on, showing a simple diagram of their current location with seven different locations branched off from there. "BRING ALONG WHATEVER YOU WANT! AFTER THIS PRESENTATION YOU'LL EACH HEAD TO YOUR ASSIGNED TESTING LOCATION!!"