What A Lovely Place

---Lunchtime, U.A. Hero Academy---
It was strange to have a normal school day after the apprehension test that occurred yesterday. It was almost disappointing. Everyone in the class was on the edge of their seat, excited to have their first actual hero training class today. The first half of the day felt unreasonably long with this underlying excitement.

Right now though, Y/n was content. The food made by Lunch Rush was super good for dirt cheap. It was great considering how expensive it was to attend U.A.

But some things never change. Y/n still had no one to sit with. At least this time they weren't spending every hour on guard. No more kids blaming them for things they didn't do. It's a whole new start where no one knows them.

It's horribly boring.

Even with getting beat up all the time, at least they had something to do.

The kids in class 1-A were nice and all, but they weren't close or even enemies with anyone.

Or maybe they were.

The wild upstanding hair style of their Nabu Middle School counterpart stood out at an empty table. Unconsciously, a smile crept on their face. A bit of guilt and worry left their shoulders, letting them walk faster to his table where he sat alone.

"You made it in?" Y/n said, the sheer joy evident in their voice.

He turned around, obviously stunned by the approach. He didn't look as happy as they did. Shinsou faced his lunch, solemnly picking at it.

"In a way, sure," he grumbled.

Y/n's hopeful attitude immediately dropped. They sat next to him, focusing on their meal. It didn't seem as appetizing anymore.

"You're here, aren't you? Even if it's not the way you imagined, you're here. It's for a reason. They saw something in you," they muttered. "We're not potential villains anymore."

He glanced at Y/n, his eyes and nose burning. Even his parents hadn't been able to say words as comforting as they had.

He couldn't bring himself to say anything else, and Y/n didn't mind. They ate their lunch as he stared at his tray in contemplation. They didn't mean to intrude on a personal moment, but they worried it would be awkward to get up and leave.
---13:20, U.A. Hero Academy---
"I AM ENTERING THE ROOM LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!" All Might declared, bursting through the door in a very not normal way. "Hero basic training! The class that'll put you through all sorts of special training to mold you into heroes!"

It was finally time for the first hero lesson of the year and most everyone was bursting at the seams.

"No time to dally. Today's activity is this!" he exclaimed, holding up a card that said "BATTLE" in bold lettering. This is what Y/n has been looking for. But they were a little distracted with All Might's old fashioned and awkward speech patterns.

"And for that... you need these!"

The walls clicked and columns of shelves presented themselves. A number of metal suitcases enclosed behind glass now gleamed at the students. Each one was numbered from 01 to 20.

"In accordance with the 'Quirk Registry' and the special request forms you filled out before being admitted..."

"COSTUMES!" the class cheered, already knowing what All Might was going to say.

"After you change, come out in ranking order to Ground Beta!"

"OKAY!"
---13:46, Ground Beta---
Compared to everyone else, Y/n didn't stand out. Their Quirk didn't add anything to their physical appearance, and when using it nothing about them changed.

Their costume looked just as plain. It was a decent material, able to withstand on its own but there was nothing supportive about their costume. If there was anything to block their Quirk's absorption, then they would be completely useless.

Creativity wasn't a strong suit of their's when placed under pressure or a time limit. Because they were stumped, they let Shirohato do the basic design. Of course they added their own notes after, but the boy practically had full creative liberty of their costume. When imagining the finished submission sheet he gave them, they chuckled a little. He had added blue details to match his hair and was thoughtful of their Quirks passive collecting ability.

When marching out with the rest of class 1-A, a sense of pride filled them. Something about putting on the suit made them feel hopeful. It was only the beginning but they were so close to finding Hitomi, they just knew it.

"Cool costume!" Kaminari complimented Y/n, joined by a pink girl in a cheetah print jumpsuit.

Y/n blankly scanned Kaminari's costume. It looked more like streetwear. "I wish I could say the same about yours," they huffed, crossing their arms. Their eyes drifted to the girl, mindlessly looking down her body before snapping back up to her face.

"Nice mask," they coughed out.

She grinned and cheerfully hit Y/n on their shoulder, "You're too funny! I'm Ashido Mina. You can just call me Mina though."

"L/n Y/n," they muttered, trying to avoid looking at the girl's exposed chest, worried they could make her uncomfortable. In doing so they only saw a taller girl with her sleek hair pulled into a ponytail and body suit with a slit that revealed her entire cleavage line. Y/n figured hiding their perverted eyes in their hands would be better.

"Shall we begin, my wards?!" All Might asked the class just as Midoriya joined the crowed.

Y/n peeked between parted fingers and saw his green costume. What looked at first to be bunny ears seemed a bit like All Might's hair the more they stared at it.

"It's time for battle training!"