Waking Up

At class 1-A's seating area, everyone was sat on one side with Bakugou by himself on the other.

"Hey, Y/n!" Mina greeted, jumping up from her seat and waving her hand around. "Come sit over here!"

She was sat next to Jirou and Yaoyorozu, with Kirishima, Sero and Tokoyami behind her. Midoryia sat a row ahead with his friends.

Y/n's eyes subconsciously trailed over to Bakugou. He was looking at them too. "Hey, Dynamite," they called out, their throat tight. They didn't mean to ignore Mina. Addressing Bakugou was an impulsive action driven by their emotionally vulnerable state. "You were right, so give me your number."

The class stared at the two, their jaws hanging open.

"Who are you to order me around, Punching Bag?" he scowled, nonetheless, pulling out his phone.

As they traded contact information, their classmates whispered amongst themselves. They weren't trying to hide it. The crowd watching the two of them made Y/n feel embarrassed.

"There," Y/n sighed. "Text me. I... don't want to be weak anymore," they said so only Bakugou could hear.

"Whatever," he huffed, turning his head away.

Y/n walked past to sit in the empty seat next to Jirou. They stared at the arena, trying to ignore their intense gazes.

"Sparky is up next, right?" they asked, wanting to distract the class. Their entire body heated up, like they would start sweating any second.

"Yeah..." Jirou answered.

"What was that?" Mina questioned, her tone resembling the hiss of an alien. She was leaning over Jirou, her chest next to the bashful girl's face.

"Nothing," Y/n sternly said. They glared at Mina, close to exploding on the entire class if they kept staring.

She hummed, her eyebrows knitting together. "We'll talk about this later," she whispered, gesturing that he had her eyes on Y/n. Dropping back in her seat, Mina stretched her arms. "Kaminari was kind of nervous about his match," she said, finally allowing the subject to change.

Catching onto the que, Sero joined in the conversation as he leaned forward in his seat behind Jirou, "He said he would feel bad shocking his opponent since she was so pretty."

"Of course he did," Y/n sighed, shaking their head.

Yaoyorozu covered her mouth with her hand, "Isn't it disrespectful to undermine his opponent like that?"

Sero shrugged, resting his bulky elbow on the armrest he shared with Yaoyorozu. "Probably, but I wouldn't want to be electrocuted by him even if he was underestimating me."

"He's too stupid for such a strong Quirk," Jirou mumbled, crossing her arms.

From the other side of Sero, Kirishima loudly said, "We can't be too harsh on him. Maybe he has a plan to counter her Quirk."

"His plan is just going to be shocking her with enough wattage to stun her but not kill her," Sero scoffed. "I don't think he can think of anything else."