[37: Imminent Death (The Announcement)]

AS QUICKLY as it had vanished, fear returns, this time heightened, because this has happened once before

Yixing immediately begins to tell himself no, it's just a coincidence. That things like that don't happen, that humans – which he is – are over-dramatic and jump to these ridiculous assumptions without conclusive evidence. Just because they are in the same exact situation of Yifan, Luhan, and Zitao in which they're conspiring against RF and then suddenly get called to a room doesn't mean that it's because RF has found them out and is now going to kill them. That's only a movie thing, and a thing the characters would think because they're so absorbed in the illicit things they're doing that their head isn't down in reality, where it's just a coincidence. A simple coincidence.

So why is his heartbeat, his breathing, a sudden blockage in his mind– why's it all telling him otherwise?!

Yixing looks to Kyungsoo, hoping to grasp some solace in his composure. However, he seems just as afraid as Yixing, wide eyes staring with intensity at the red ANNOUNCEMENT: AGENT D.O TO ROOM_EXP_19306559 IMMEDIATELY as if willing it to go away.

"It's just a coincidence, Kyungsoo," Yixing says not because he believes it but to convince himself and convince that look off of his face, because if Kyungsoo's worried, then Yixing is terrified.

"Yes." Kyungsoo's voice is tense. "A coincidence... there's no way..." He looks up at him. "I did everything. There's no way."

Yeah. There's no way.

Except for the possibility of human error. The possibility that Kyungsoo despite his mistake that had killed the three has again slipped up, easily letting the technology access their discourse. Because really, what is Kyungsoo other than a few cool hacks? What is a seventeen year old against a super technology with more information than he's ingested in his entire lifetime? There's no way he can beat RF. And there's no way RF didn't catch what Yixing said two minutes ago. It's simply unrealistic.

But maybe reality isn't what either of them need right now.

"There's no way." Yixing agrees, legs jelly as he tries to stand up. It's being spoken but he doesn't truly agree. Neither of them do. Everything repressed from external reaction fluxes inside, and his body does everything it can to detriment RF's calling of IMMEDIATELY. It's suddenly difficult to walk, to breathe, to think, everything slows while his heart speeds up. What's happening?!

No. He knows what's happening. He's panicking. Just panicking. He's not going to die– not from the panicking, at least. Yixing tries to ground himself with something, something close, his bracelet. This is quickly regret, because it then lets in all of the second guessings and what-ifs, which are loud yet stifled by a blockade of blankness. It's as if he's in an empty room, a paper-thin wall giving way to the one of screams next to him and it's so loud it hurts. And to complicate further there's still incredulity, disbelief, because even if this is all true... Yixing dying? Yixing? Dying? He can't. He can't fathom it. No...