[28: What (Not) a Way to End The Night]

NO MATTER how much Yixing begs the universe to stop time, it does end

NO MATTER how much Yixing begs the universe to stop time, it does end. Unfortunately, it's also sooner than expected.

To his utter shock, it's the wristbands that interrupt Yixing-gives-Junmyeon-all-of-his-love-and-affection™. Time quickly becomes a concept again when there's a small beep and a white flash, and how long has he been there, with his arms around this man and his hands in his hair? Because Junmyeon's bracelet does the same, Yixing knows it's not an accident. What could it be, though? A mission? It can't be a mission– it's different from what a mission looks like.

His boyfriend (boyfriend! Did you read that? B-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d!) lets out a sigh as he sits up, stabilizing a hand against Yixing's chest and running another through his messy hair. He looks just as dazed as Yixing feels, and it makes him happy that the affection's effect is mutual.

However, Junmyeon just stares at him, not speaking. Even if it is nice, Yixing still needs an answer:

"Why did it beep?" He breaks eye-contact to look at the screen. There are no notifications; it's just the usual greeting statement and time. WELCOME, AGENT LAY. 21:50:09EXT.

"Oh–" Junmyeon quickly removes his head from the clouds. "Sorry– I guess no one had mentioned it to you... and I kind of forgot, but there's a curfew here."

Yixing The Post-Millennial stares at his bracelet for a very long time trying to convert it from military time to common... 9– no, 10PM. There's a 10PM curfew. And he's being warned at 9:50PM. Nice. (Not really).

A bout of dismay washes through him, especially sensitive on his chest that Junmyeon's head was just on and his legs that are still around Junmyeon and his hands that have had Junmyeon's hair in them for the last who-knows-how-long. The, as of currently which has not had much retrospection, best moments of his life, were just interrupted. By the god damn technology.

"Why?" It's not like complaining is going to change it, but complaining will let him exhibit his discontent. "That's completely unnecessary. Why would there be one here if there isn't one on the ship?"

Junmyeon scoots back which enables Yixing to pull his legs up to his chest. They're now two separate entities. "I know, I know." He frowns. "I guess the reasoning is that because we're given a lot more freedoms, we also have some restrictions."

"I see how that's fair, I guess." Yixing admits. "But I don't like it."

"Me neither. Especially now right now."

"Okay." He doesn't see why they can't continue cuddling, then. He opens his arms, smiling. "Then come back."

"If we're not in the dormitory wing by ten we will be shocked."

Yixing's mouth forms an 'O' as he thinks about relieving the pain of a month ago. The stab-like electrocution, the slow burn that would linger, the refusal to step outside of certain places, the utter fear whenever his bracelet does anything.