[48: Down From the Clouds]

ARRIVING BACK to Base 2 fully soft and kind of in a bad mood (over the underlying bad mood), Yixing finds everyone sitting together with their food cubes like some sort of civilized family

ARRIVING BACK to Base 2 fully soft and kind of in a bad mood (over the underlying bad mood), Yixing finds everyone sitting together with their food cubes like some sort of civilized family. His first thought is why is nobody yelling?, and his second is is that Sehun running over here?

"Hyung." Sehun latches himself onto Junmyeon beside him, burying his head into his shoulder. His voice sounds worryingly emotional, "I love you."

Probably startled, Junmyeon takes a moment to return the hug, rubbing his back. "I– I love you too, Sehunnie. What's wrong?" As he soothes whatever is wrong with him, Yixing takes a look at the rest of the group. Most of them are staring this way, but contrary to every other time he and Junmyeon have been stared at, it's not in a predatory waiting-to-tease way. It's more of a waiting for the interaction to be over with. What irks him the most is how they are all sitting in silence. No laughs nor smiles among them; not even Baekhyun or Jongdae The Cockblocker. It's only when Kyungsoo rises, heading over to them, that everything that made him in kind of a bad mood disappears and Yixing becomes terrified. He hadn't told Junmyeon.

He hadn't told Junmyeon.

Reality locks a heavy chain around his angle and he's torn down from the clouds. As he's slammed onto the ground, a tight feeling restricts his chest and everything becomes slow, but his mind is racing. This is not good. This is really not good. Junmyeon must be worried, right now, wondering why Sehun is practically crying and everyone else is as solemn as a funeral. Yixing's not wondering because he knows exactly what's going on: it's night. Right now they're to discuss what to do. It's time that everyone should be knowing the context and they'll all come up with a plan; something.

It's too late to go back now. It's too late to stop him at the cave exit and say Junmyeon, there's actually something I have to tell you. It's going to sound really crazy, but... Yixing's heart speeds up and his face starts to burn. What is he supposed to do now?! Inevitably, Junmyeon is going to find out in the next couple minutes. But it's going to be so much at once, with everyone depending on Strong Leader Junmyeon, like Sehun right now, except Strong Leader Junmyeon is only just finding out about it and hasn't even had time to process himself!

There's also one more thing wrong. Why are Baekhyun and Minseok a part of this? Why are they sitting with blank looks on their faces? They had called him crazy. Even more, why is anyone a part of this? It's all crazy!

"Sehun, please, tell me what's wrong," Junmyeon is panickedly comforting the youngest. Kyungsoo is approaching. Yixing's heart drops. Kyungsoo's going to hate him. He's just ruined any chance of ever getting Kyungsoo's forgiveness.

However, contrary to the expected glare at him, Kyungsoo instead is looking at Junmyeon. "Let's go." He says, "We don't have all night."

Junmyeon looks to Kyungsoo in confusion. "Wait, what?" Is this what Junmyeon would've said had Yixing done what he was supposed to? "Did I miss something?"