Chapter Nine

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην Cabrera_b

Chapter Nine

Positive.

That's all I saw, the little plus sign that spun around over and over again in my head.

Positive.

I was pregnant again. I was having a baby, and this time it would be Cody's. Joy overwhelmed me, I was getting my dream of having a kid with him but at the same time it had a melancholy bite. Cody was on tour and I couldn't tell him without having him quit and come home. That would be awful, I couldn't ruin it for him.

I would have to wait to tell him.

Would it be right to wait for two months before telling him he was a dad? Or, was it better to tell him now and let him come home and take part of it? It was his after all.

But, if the public found out, wouldn't they be angry at me, more importantly, at Cody? I couldn't have him lose his fans for me.

What was I going to do?

"Shelby," Nicole's voice breaks into my thoughts. Turning to her, I look at her through blurry eyes. Apparently, I had been crying and I didn't know whether it was from happiness or pain.

Nicole doesn't finish her sentence.

Immediately, she rushes up to me and hugs me tightly to her; our first physical contact for weeks. Instantly, tears burst out and I'm sobbing uncontrollably. Nicole smooths back my hair as I cry into her shoulder, dampening her white denim vest.

"Shh, shh, it's okay Shelby."

How did she know this was going to be okay? What if Cody was mad? If he was angry at me for taking away his childhood, he could want nothing to do with me. He'd be only eighteen years older than his own daughter. Grandchildren would come by the time he was forty.

What if he didn't want a child yet? I mean, we already had one and it wasn't even his. Mikayla was already a burden for him to take care of with his career. I needed someone else's help besides his. There was no other father figure in the picture. Then, there might be but I haven't spoken to him in forever. How long had it been, a month- maybe two. Well, I needed him now.

Wiping my eyes I step away from Nicole. "We can't tell anyone." When I say this her face blanks over and her mouth opens and closes. "What do you mean? It's Cody's baby, he needs to know." Shaking my head, I explain everything to her. Once I am finished she stares at me in shock. "Shelby, I can't let you do this. He needs to know. Imagine how angry you would be if you were in his position and he didn't tell you." 

Her words were true. I would be much more than angry. I would be more like furious. "Exactly," Nicole states giving me a hug. Brushing my hair back she whispers in my ear. "Don't be scared babe, Cody will take it easily."

Nodding, I agree with her although I couldn't help but be nervous. I decide I might as well go ahead and get it over with. If I didn't, I would never tell him until he returned. Pulling out my phone, I send Cody a quick message. 

Cody<3:

Hey, uh, skype me when you can. I have to tell you something. It's kinda important.

I log onto skype and await his reply, nervously twiddling my thumbs. Nicole had left the room to give me some privacy. Immediately, I see Cody log on. I call him. 

When his face fills the screen my heart jumps into my throat. He looked so perfect. I had missed seeing his face. It had been four weeks since I last saw his face. His aqua eyes sparkle with curiosity and fear as he speaks. 

"Shelby, what's wrong love?" His voice is coated with worry. 

"Well, nothing is exactly wrong. At least, to me it isn't." I inform him while staring at my stomach. I knew that soon it would be much too big for the t-shirt I was wearing now. 

"Tell me. I know you Shelby. You're my wife." 

Cody's voice is pleading. Sighing, I look up to the screen again. His face scrunched up- what he does when he worries- and I have to hold back my fear. I knew I had to tell him and if I didn't it could mean the worse. 

Taking one last breath of air, I tell him. 

"Cody, I'm pregnant." 

*************************

A/N

I can't believe how many reads this book is getting! It's absolutely amazing how much you guys are loving this. I really appreciate this. Well, now you know that she has told Cody. What do you think he's going to do? Please vote and comment. I need so many more votes. In order to get the next chapter I need five comments and six votes. Thanks again for reading.

Shelby xx