Chapter Two

*Recap*

             "You're going on a second tour this year!" She smiles widely. Cody stands up then helps me up, "Well, let's get ready then," he tells me. I am about to head to my room when Angie adds, "No, it's only you Cody." This time both of us puzzled I ask, "Why?" 

"Because, you're not going on the tour with Cody." 

Chapter Two

                  My heart nearly stops in my chest. Why was this happening? Why couldn't I go? He was my fiance' for crying out loud. I had to be with him, my survival depended on it. I would miss him like crazy, without them there would be an empty gaping hole in my chest with no filler. "What do you mean mom? Shelby always goes with me." He states placing a strong arm around my shoulder. Angie sighs and places her hand to her forehead. "I didn't want to be the one to tell you but there's no room for Shelby and Kayla and.." She stops mid-sentence and begins to walk away. "And who mom?" Cody tests carefully. She turns around and plasters on a false smile. "No one just....hmhmhm." She mumbles the last part of her sentence ans that worries me even more. Angie was never one to hide something from me. 

                   "Angie, who is coming with us?" I question slowly. She blows a stand of brown hair out of her eyes and corrects, "Technically, it's not you. It's just Cody, Alli, Brad, and I. But-" 

"Mom!" Cody shouts agitated. She sighs defeated and finally spits it out. "Bella Thorne." My heart stops and there is a sickening silence in the room. The moments seem to pass by like hours. The Bella Thorne was going on tour with Cody when I wasn't. I turn to Cody and I see his face turn red with agitation. "Mom! What were you thinking allowing this? I'm not going on tour with Bella if Shelby can't come with me." His voice sounds like it's underwater. I was still taken aback by shock. Bella and Cody were paired up when they were fourteen as an item, a rumor obviously created by her. She had been clingy to him forever and had never bothered me or interfered. In fact, she had been out of the country for the past year touring so I hadn't even had an issue with her. I doubt she even knew Cody and I were engaged.

                        Angie raises her voice at Cody, something she rarely does. "Don't you dare yell at me Cody Robert! I'm still your mother and you are going on tour with Bella. I don't care if you're engaged and seventeen." Cody is fuming and 'm still awestruck by their anger. They had always been a loving family around me. If they hid this, what else did they hide from me? "Well I care mom! Okay, I'm not leaving Shelby behind! Mikayla and her mean the world to me, what's wrong with you?" He questions storming off up the stairs and into his room. Taken aback, I look to Angie for any explanation of the previous events. What I find are red and watery eyes. She turns on the ball of her foot and races into her chambers.

                         Sighing in anguish, I trudge up the staircase and stand at the door of Cody's room. I already knew this was bad because there was pure silence. Rapping lightly on the door I mutter, "Cody?" I wait momentarily and I hear his Australian lilt break the silence. "Come on in Shelby." Softly, I open up his door and creep in, only to find him laying face up on his bed. Exhaling, I walk over and lie down beside him, snuggling into his warmth and comfort. "Are you okay?" I whisper as he strokes my hair, every touch sending me chills down my spine. He sighs and responds with an unexpected reply, "Yeah, nothing that hasn't happened before."

                           What did he mean by that? He and his family got along great, or so I thought. Choking back the anxiety I question, "Nothing that's never happened before? You have fought like that?" He shifts his body his blue eyes locking with my drab brown ones. Why did he ever love me? I was so normal and plain. I didn't have the most amazing body, I was short, my black-brown hair was just straight. I was bland so how did this gorgeous, perfect, superstar ever even like me? Shaking it off I listen to the next statement he makes. "Will you promise me something?" Scared, I nod my head.

                           "Anything," I reply back truthful. "No matter what happens, will you stay with me? Even if keeping you means ending my career?" Sitting up, I am no longer frightened but nervous. "Cody, you're scaring me." I inform him. I wasn't going to hide my fears from him, we told each other everything. "Well, it's something we need to talk about." He begins sitting up. "I'm just going to come right out and say it. Sean isn't so happy about my proposing to you. He doesn't even think we should get married. So, he gave me a choice." My heart already has quickened at his introduction. Management didn't want him to be with me? How, they've supported us the whole time? "They said I need to get rid of you or they're getting rid of me." 

                          My heart stops. Suddenly, the reality of our relationship comes crushing down on top of me. Burying me in it's rubble and torment. It was always there, I knew it was, but now it seemed all too present, and deadly. Dejectedly, I look into Cody's eyes. With sorrow etched into my voice I reply, "Well, I don't blame your decision. I guess I'll go and get Mikayla, I'll get out of your hair." Standing up, I leave the bed but before I even have time to let the tears slide down my face, Cody grips forearm and turns me to face him. "No Shelby, are you crazy?! I would never leave you, you're my world." Confused, I force out a stumbled, "What?" He runs his hand through his golden locks and sighs, "I'm doing the only thing I can do. I'm quitting my career."

                         For some reason I go berserk, "No Cody you can't! You've worked too hard on this, I'm not letting you give it up for me!" I stand up again and race toward the door. "Yes I am! It's my decision Shelby! Not yours, let me do this for you." When I turn to him, I realize there are hot tears running down my face. "No Cody! You've already done too much for me. I care about you so much to let you do that." The next thing I know, Cody launches himself between the door and I. His attitude consists of panic but his eyes are soft. "And I love you too much to let go." Instantly, he wraps me in his arms and kisses me tenderly. My whole being sets ablaze and my heart beat quickens sickeningly fast. Why did he have to have this affect on me?

                         He pulls away all too soon and I search his flawless features for something regretting his decision. I find nothing. "Cody, I just don't want you to give up your life for me." Softly, he brushes away a tear rolling down my cheek. His warm hands cause my face to tingle. "I'm not Angel, you are my life." He kisses my forehead. "Ever since the concert, you've been all I cared about." 

"But what about your fans?" I choke out, mesmerized by his beautiful face. He shrugs and says, "They'll understand, besides, they love you. All I know is one thing." Frowning I question, "What's that?" 

"I'm never letting go of you. No matter what."

******************************************

A/N

Hey guys,

I hope you liked this upload:) I am realy enjoying this book so far wbu? Please leave the comments and vote. Can someone try and help me get more hype for this story? That would be greatly appreciated. THe song for this chapter is It Will Rain by Bruno Mars. Hope you enjoyed.

-Shelby